Into the Flames

Harper woke up and fried her alarm. Ray walked in and grabbed the alarm.
"Harper. This is the fifth alarm this week!!"
Harper would have cared if she wasn't out cold already. Ray grabbed Schwozs Hey horn and blew it hard. Everyone except Harper woke up.
"HARPER MARIE MANCHESTER!"
Harper only covered her ears with her pillow and sighed.
"Go away Mom. I'm not ready."
Chapa snickered as she looked to Ray.
"She called you a Mom."
Ray walked over unamused, and picked Harper up and placed her on the cold floor.
"Harper. You have until the count of three to wake up."
"Or what 'or else'"
Harper said in her sleep. Ray stared at her. He went into her bathroom and got a bowl of cold water and dumped it on her head. Harper slept right through the attack. Ray had enough and called his sister.
"Hey Riley. Do you know tricks to wake Harper up. Yeah I tried those. What?! Yeah okay. Bye."
Ray tossed his phone on Harps desk.
"It's useless. Her Mom said that she sleeps through everything because that's what she did at home."
Harper stirred on the floor then stopped, sitting up she looked down at the puddle of cold water around her and looked up and screamed, sending Mika and Miles flying into the wall.
"Why am I soaked?"
"You wouldn't wake up."
Harper grabbed her towel and wrapped around herself. She sat with her face red, and hair socked.
"Go take a shower Harp."
Harper nodded and grabbed her clothes from the day before and went to take a shower. Chapa sat on the bed and stared at where Harper was laying. She remembered how she woke up to Harpers head on her shoulder. She was so happy then. She felt butterflies in her chest. Harper emerged hair dripping wet and in yesterday's clothes.
"Mika you're next."
Mika nodded and proceeded to the bathroom. Harper grabbed her brush and slowly brushed her hair. She then grabbed a curling iron and curled her hair. It already was very curly but it neatened the curls. Harper looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. She crawled into the chair Mika was laying in and turned the tv on. She went from channel to channel until she stopped on KVYL news.
"In unrelated news, a fight in Dystopia, turned into a massive fire, burning down Dystopias crime fighters street 'Dystopia Blvd.' Reports say that 56 were seriously injured. 18 were pronounced dead at the Dystopian hospital, including famous Dystopian female army general, Sergeant Major. Riley Manchester. Her and her two oldest sons died, one is in the hospital, and her youngest and only daughter, Harper Manchester, lives with her Uncle here in Swellview. Next off-"
Harper shut off the tv and ran out of the room. Anger boiled in her veins. She locked out all her emotions and locked herself in a closet. Harper started hyperventilating. She lost control and started zapping things. Harper cried. She heard a quiet knock on the door.
"GO AWAY!"
She screamed. She cried louder. The pain sunk in and she slid down against the door.
"Harper come on... I know how you feel sweetie."
Harper opened the door and Ray was standing in front of her. She hugged Ray as tight as she could. Harper cried into his chest. Ray let a few tears fall. He sat down and pulled her into his lap.
"I know how hard this is for you. I knew Riley so well. Me and Riley were best friends, and I know she loved you very much. She tortured you to keep you safe, to help you. Look where you are now. I love you more then anything. And I'm going to keep you safe my love."
Harper calmed down and relaxed.
"Thank you Uncle Ray."
Ray held Harper in his lap, and for a minute, realized how much she has gone through, has affected her. Ray kissed the top of her head and held her closer as if he had let go, she would run away into the flames.
"I want to keep you here forever. And never ever let you go."
Harper laughed and got comfortable in his tight grasp.
"I like that."
Ray scooped her up and carried her into her bedroom with her giggling the whole way. He walked into her room and Chapa was drying her hair with a towel. Ray placed Harper down and she giggled and rolled around for a second. She settled down and relaxed. For a second, Harper forgot about what just happened. Harper has a big smile on her face that soon disappeared. Chapa hated seeing her so sad. Chapa walked over and sat next to her. Harper lay on the floor staring at the ceiling. Chapa laid down next to her and rested her head on Harpers shoulder. Harper looked over and slowly smiled. She started to blush a bit as she realized what Chapa was doing. She cared. Harper knew. Harper calmed down and grabbed Chapas hand. Chapa immediately felt Rays glare.
Don't let him scare you. He's a teddy bear.
Chapa looked over and Harper had her usual no good smile.
"I'm never scared."
The two got up and after they all showered and went down to the classroom. During class Harper started to shift around impatiently.
"You okay Harp?"
Chapa whispered. Harper just nods. Then, Harper slams her fists against the desk and the in a blink of an eye, runs out of the classroom. Chapa stands up.
"Did she just run out of here?"
"Oh no. Not another power surge."
They all looked at Ray like he had multiple heads.
"They started when she was little. She gets a power surge every two years. The surges started at four. We have to find her."
The class looked around at each other.
"Well how will we find her?"
"She'll find us."
Chapa picks her hands up and the electricity flows through her hands.
"I'm gonna find her."
"Me too. Harp would do the same for us."
"Yeah. And I'm stealing Rays hair gel too!"
They all blow a bubble and head out to town. As they pass a electronics store, a news cast catches Chapas eyes.
"Girl Danger quitting Danger Force? Spectators say they have seen Girl Danger in 7 countries already, running ramped."
"That's right Mary. Girl Danger has been spotted in Dystopia, China, Italy, France, Germany, Russia, and other states of the United States like Florida, and towns nearby like Neighborville minutes ago. Witnesses say she is speeding towards Boardertown."
Chapa turns to the others.
"Border town. She's coming back."
Then, Chapa jumped as Harper tapped her shoulder with a broad smile.
"I have a SUPERPOWER!"
She screamed sending them into the brick wall.
"Oops. My bad."
Harper laughed as she helped them up. Chapa bit her lip as Harper grabbed her hand pulling her up. Chapa lost balance and fell into Harpers chest.
"You okay? A bit wobbly."
Chapa nodded. Her hands shaking.
"I'm fine."
Harper stood next to Chapa and gave her a look. A hard stare. Chapa started to freak out. Then, Harper stopped. She giggled and smiled.
"Am I really that scary Chapa?"
Harper said as she brushed the little bit of ash and soot off her uniform.
"W-What! Your not scary."
Harper laughed.
"But you thinked it!"
Bose laughed. He shook the hair gel and nothing came out. He ate it all. Bose ate the whole bottle of Hair gel. They all rolled their eyes before Harper spoke up.
"I saw my Mum. They let Harper see her. She looked so much more peaceful. My brothers too. My other brother, he died on the table. Dystopia has bad hospitals."
Harper pulled out a sheet of paper. Nothing fancy. A piece of notebook paper that was covered it neat hand writing.
"My Mom must have wrote this before she died. She had to of given it to my brother."
They all looked at the will.
W.I.L.L
If I die in this fire, I want my sons to take over my fortune along with my daughter. I want each to obtain 25%. If it comes down to Bailey and Harper being the only ones left. They shall split my small fortune equally. If Harper you are reading this right now in Swellview, and you're the only one who survived, take it all. Take everything. Sell what you don't want, keep what you do. Do what you want. You are special Harper Marie. You are very special. I hope that you will continue to save people like how I once did.
- Sergeant General. Riley Maria Manchester
Harper didn't shed a tear.
"She knew they were going to die. She had no idea if they were going to live. She wanted them dead."
Chapa sat quite for a minute before leaning her head on Harpers shoulder. Harper put her head on Chapas but stared at the W. I. L. L.
"We need to get back to the Man's Nest."
Mika said.
"Why?"
Mika pointed. A news van rolled down the street.
"Yeah I'm outta here."
Harper teleported with Chapa away to the Mans Nest. Then Miles teleported Mika and Bose. Harper walked to the couch and sat down.
"Oh good your back."
Harper yawned and rested her head on Chapas shoulder. Chapa smiled and held her in a tight hug.
"Don't leave like that again."
"I won't Chapa."
Harper stared into Chapas eyes and got lost. To think that her and Chapa were so thick skinned, and still brought out each other's good things. But in a good way. A funny way. Harper saw everything. She saw Chapas home life. She saw how she lived for past years. Then she closed her eyes and saw her own. She saw her Dad beating her brother with a long belt. She saw the tall boots that came through the door with heavy steps. She saw the man that would put his stuff down and pick his daughter up right away. She saw the man that would yell at his wife. She then saw the man that would act like a mom. Who would make pancakes shaped like hearts and occasionally he would make eggs that always burnt. She remembered the day he left. She remembered the day he came back. Come back with a win, or come back dead. That's what he would say. But that day, unlike all the others, he came back dead. Harper cried for a week about it. And a tear leaked about it now. Harper stood up.
"The past is the past."
She said as she walked to the kitchen and grabbed her water bottle. She chugged the water back. Harper set the bottle down and sighed. She crawled back up against Chapa and rested her head back where it was before.
"Chapa?"
Chapa looked down with a smile.
"You're brave."
Chapa shook her head.
"No not me."
Harper denied it.
"I saw. You are brave. Very brave."
Chapa pulled Harper into a side hug.
"We both are."
Harper smiles and nodded before her head went back to its spot. Harper was happy to be back. Ray sat across from the two. He gave them both a glance and then showed them his phone. 
"Local Superheroes slotted together. Girl Danger is back!"
They looked at the picture. It was while Harper helped Chapa up. They were holding hands. And had direct eye contact.
"I told you as Harper and Chapa. This is what I get? Stabbed in the back?"
Mika walked over.
"Relax Ray, that was when Harper was helping us off the ground. Chapa tripped and yeah that happened."
Ray sighed.
"Fine you got lucky."
Harper smiled at Mika, making Chapas blood boil. She held Harpers hand a bit tighter than before and had a hand on Harpers knee. Harper only knew Chapa was jealous. She could feel the tenseness. Also, her grip was tight. Very tight. Mika walked away after a brisk chat and Harper turned back to Chapa.
"Why are you jealous?"
Chapa scoffed.
"I'm not jealous."
Harper looked around and saw nobody watching. She quickly pecked at Chapas lips and pulled back. Harper looked down as Chapa realized what had just really happened. She was overwhelmed. Harper stood up and reached out for Chapas hand. Chapa took it and Harper walked them into the kitchen, then Harper met Chapas lips once more. This kiss was fuller. It was real. Harper pulled away and rested her forehead against Chapas. Harper stared into Chapas eyes.
"I wanted to do that."
Chapa smiled and kissed Harper back.
"Me too."
Chapas arms were around Harpers neck. Harpers hands were a little bit above Chapas belt.
"We should probably change."
Chapa groaned but they both changed into their normal clothes. Harper grabbed Chapas hand and they walked back into the Mans Nest. Harper had a smile across her face. Chapa liked it when she was happy. Harper speeded around the classroom, creating a big storm of dust. Harper stopped and looked at the tornado of dust.
"It's beautiful."
Harper said as they all looked at her. Harper stomped her foot and the dust released everywhere. Harper sneezed and continue to skip around the Mans Nest. Ray shook his head and laughed.
That night, they all went to bed with a sigh of relief knowing Harper was back home.