35. Without you - Part A

Sorry if this sounds like it was written while I was half asleep! -.-' I'll come back to it soon! :)

Without you - Part A

April's POV

"April, breathe!"

I didn't have the patience to raise my eyes up to look at Liz, as I was literally drowning myself in milk and cereals. It was far from my breakfast time, but I decided that I'd rather eat something than let my growling stomach interrupt whatever Harry was planning that night...

I turned the bowl upside down, shoving the rest of the cereals down my throat and stood up from the table with a speed I didn't know I was capable of. I threw myself up the stairs, as I heard Liz following me with an amused smirk. Grabbing my toothbrush from the bathroom, I sprinted back in my bedroom and put a random shirt over the bra I had only been wearing since I came back from the pool, being the last day of work of that week. But damn, I couldn't believe how much people stayed at the pool, even when it was already obvious that everyone had left and the sun stopped shining brightly. And sure, Mr. Royce wouldn't risk losing some clients by telling them politely to leave, so here I was now; ten minutes until Harry was supposedly going to come over and pick me up, in undies and with a nest of angry birds on my head.

"Shit." I muttered, when a huge, white spot imprinted on the pale green material of the shirt, as my toothbrush fell on the material. I quickly threw my favourite blouse away in the mess of my room, and started pacing around like an impatient dog.

"Need some help?" Liz grinned at me standing next to the door. I turned to her, scowling at her perfect looks; her hair was perfectly straight and combed, the yellow shirt with Minnie Mouse on it came nicely on her black jeans. Her eyes were shining with excitement and a happiness I had never seen before, perfectly evidencing the slight amount of mascara she applied to complete her looks. She looked so...prepared.

"How come that you are dressed so well while I am still wearing a bra?" I snapped, wiping away with my hand the rest of white toothpaste from my mouth in a very elegant way.

"Better taste in clothes?" she chuckled, dancing towards the bunch of random shirts on my bed.

I stuck my tongue out at her, but soon she turned back with something in her hands.

"Put this on."

I tilted my head like a confused puppy.

"But..."

"Now."

I pouted, mumbling for myself, as she helped me get in one of her usual choices of clothes. She started combing my hair and straightening it with an incredible speed, while I was awkwardly trying to put some mascara on after Liz's orders.

A few minutes later, Liz stepped back and gave me an approving nod. I quickly turned to the mirror and smiled shortly; the black, tight dress wasn't exactly my style, but at least my hair looked slightly better.

"Thanks." I muttered, and turned to grab the knob of the door.

My hand reached for it, but I couldn't feel the usual coldness under my fingers when I held it. I tried again, this time moving it so I could open the door, but nothing was happening.

"What the--" I began, still fighting with the door. I felt Liz's worried eyes on me.

"April?... What are you doing?"

I looked at her for a moment, then turned back to my fight. My eyes widened when I realised the position of my hand; the door knob was at least ten centimetres away from my hand, while my pale fingers were shakily hanging in the air. I hadn't even touched the door.