13. By my side

I felt like I was floating...

One certain curly boy kept appearing into my mind. He was either talking, or simply staring at me with a worried look on his face, but I ignored him.

I knew that I should care about his presence in my thoughts, but the feeling of floating was so calming and peaceful...

Sometimes, a husky voice would come to me. I wasn't sure, but I think it was calling my name. In the beginning, I didn't pay attention to it, but it became louder and louder.

"Come on, April... Why isn't she waking up? A person can't pass out for so long!"

"She is no longer passed out. She's just sleeping." Another voice chuckled. "I guess she is very tired."

I realized that those voices weren't only in my head, as they were coming from somewhere besides me. I was partially woken up, but I kept my eyes closed. I opened them slightly, so I could examine the surroundings.

Everything was white and almost...shiny? Well, this can't be the Heaven. If I was dead, my head wouldn't hurt so badly.

Whispers were still coming to me, until a woman opened a door and left, when the silence fell again over the room. I could assume that I was alone, If I didn't notice the other person moving and sitting down besides me.

My eyelids opened slowly, letting even more white light invading my eyes. It soon revealed a big room with white walls. There was a window next to me, and the sunlight was gently tickling my skin. I was lying down in a bed with white sheets and that was confusing me even more.

This is not my room.

"Hey." I heard someone whispering beside me. I forgot that I wasn't alone.

I turned my head in the direction of the voice, to see a boy with curly, brown hair that was grinning widely. I still couldn't see very well, so I kept looking at him in silence.

When my view finally adjusted to the light, I was finally aware of the person who was standing next to my bed, on an old chair.

"How are you?" he asked me, when I lifted myself up so quickly that I felt dizzy again.

"What are you doing here?" I scowled, and looked around the quiet room. "What am I doing here?"

Harry chuckled, letting out a small sigh.

"I brought you here, after you fainted in my arms." He wiggled his eyebrows.

I was completely awake by now, when it all came back to me.

Oh no. The shopping centre. I was there with Liz and...Melanie. Where are they now? I tripped in front of hundreds of people. I ran away from the boys.

I raised my head up and looked at him. I also remember that I bumped into Harry Styles.

"No..I shouldn't be here." I said, pulling away the blankets covering me, and letting my legs fall over the edge of the bed.

Harry grabbed my hand.

"You're not going anywhere." He said firmly.

"Yeah, sure. Let me go." I said, shaking his hand off my arm, and standing up. I tried to take a few steps, when the walls started spinning again. I faltered.

"Stubborn kid." Harry muttered, coming to me and carrying me up in his arms.

"Put me down! " I snapped, struggling in his arms.

"Fine." He grinned, releasing me back on the bed. I scowled at him.

"I am not a kid, Harry." I said.