23. Heartbeat

Really long chapter! Whoo!

Also, the chapter is dedicated to strawberryxoxo because she's awesome <3 Oh, well, and for the trailer on the side. Thank youu!

And enjoy the hilarious photo with Niall ^^I HAD to post it!

Harry's POV

 "This is amazing!" she breathed, smiling widely.

I smiled for myself, as she spun around the small space hidden behind thick leaves and trees. It was just an open space of this amazing park's forest, where trees were closely surrounding the gentle, white blanket laid down on the untouched green grass, covered with a few plates and trays of different sandwiches and other simple things. It was nothing too big or impressive, as I didn't have very much time to prepare it. I had also lit up two small candles, hoping that I wasn't being too romantic. I couldn't help it; they seemed to complete the atmosphere perfectly.

My eyes fell on one of the two candles, seeing that it was no longer glowing weakly as it was supposed. Ugh. I thought that it wasn't possible to be blown off here... And now, let me just say that the fact I always make sure the small details are perfect is quite unhealthy.

"Damn it." I muttered, as I carefully bent down searching for the small box of matches. I know that I've left it here...

"Harry?" April murmured, looking at me. I haven't even noticed that she wasn't paying attention to me, sitting down on one of the numerous low, but thick branches of the old trees and gazing at the sky. The thick crowns of the trees were protitecvely bending above us, but you could still see the sun shining in the blue, perfect sky of a peaceful Saturday.

"What are you doing?" she asked softly, sitting down on her knees next to me.

"Um, I.. y-you know..." I stuttered, fluttering my hand towards the blown candle. I knew that my cheeks flushed slightly red, and she could see it. Why was this happening so much to me? Stuttering? Blushing? That was not me and yet, those things happened repeatedly...

April chuckled, making me join her almost automatically. Probably that was one of the addicting things of being with her, this feeling that iwas simply making my heart swell with joy. She was making me feel..different.

 "Here." she said, picking up a small box and handing it to me. "It was right in front of you."

I tried to hold myself from more blushing, but it was pointless.

"Thank you." I smiled, admiring her grin that was slowly mirroring mine, and those blue eyes... There were times like this when I wouldn't care if I stared. When I forget that she may not accept the things I do. This was...literally, my first true chance to change her mind, and maybe even the last. That was why every smile of hers, every small clue that she was happy or accepting me was making me want to dance of joy.

After a couple of seconds that seemed like an eternity, I awkwardly lit up the candle, as the flame reappeared in front of both of us.

"So...a picnic, huh?" she whispered, giggling.

 "Yeah. Is it alright?" I asked, quickly looking around the surrounding environment, and hurried to add; "If you..err, would like to do something else, I am perfe..."

"It's great." she smiled shyly, picking up a sandwich I made. The picnic basically consisted of sandwiches, cold pizza, fruit and chocolate. Yes, because I'm that creative. She began eating it silently, as I grabbed a slice of pizza. A really cold slice of pizza. Oh well, you can simply not refuse it.

I can believe that we're doing this anyway. That she's actually here, in this random place I ran into this morning, when I was still convincing myself that she'll never come. It's a miracle how so many people can't see the beauty of this large park. I guess it was built on the territory of an old forest, otherwise I can't explain this variety of trees hiding so many beautiful places.