46. Day 2

So I've discovered the song on the side accidentally and realised that it pretty much sums up the whole chapter. But you can also choose one from the songs I listed in the gif on the right. They all helped writing the chapter :). 

You should prepare yourself emotionally for this chapter.

Day 2

Saturday

My hand clenched in a fist, trying to catch as much sand as possible. I wanted to never let it go, to take it and hide it somewhere in a corner of my heart, but I always ended up watching it fly in the gentle wind.

I looked up at the grey sky, ignoring the drops of rain that inevitably made me blink faster and my make-up run down my cheeks. The weak waves of the ocean touched me regularly, making sure that every centimetre of my body was soaking wet, but I didn’t mind. I was cold, yes, but nothing in the world could warm me up at that moment. Well, almost.

I told myself that the few drops of warm water that slipped down my cheeks were part of the rain, but I knew they weren’t. They tasted like misery, sorrow, pity for myself. I wanted Harry to be there; he was the only one who could tell me that everything was going to be alright, the only one I would believe. But I knew that was impossible.

My fingers unconsciously moved up, gently pressing on my lips. I smiled weakly and I burst into tears.

 ***

“NOW!” someone shouted, uncomfortably loud. I didn’t have the chance to properly wake up, when I was attacked.

“WHAT THE F—“ I exclaimed, as I jumped out of bed when something cold hit me. When I looked down at the floor, I saw water dripping off my clothes and hair. I looked up in shock at the five boys that were dying of laughter.

“You should have seen your face!” Louis laughed, basically rolling on the floor.

“Seriously, lads?” I sighed, shaking myself at the several empty bottles left on the floor.

“What? You’re a heavy sleeper!” Niall whined, but ended up chuckling.

“And did you really have to throw several litres of cold water at me?” I scolded them, shaking my wet hair.

“I’m not even sorry.” Harry grinned, standing up and wrapping his arms around me from behind. I hit him playfully, acting nonchalantly, but actually I just hoped that he didn’t notice the shiver he caused.

“You’re all mean.” I pouted, folding my arms. “Did I really sleep that much?”

“Enough for us to go out in time and get you these!” Louis beamed, suddenly placing several bags in my arms.

“And preparing this.” Harry murmured, letting me go to bring a tray with pancakes and orange juice. A red rose stood proudly next to the meal. “I made them myself. Except for the rose.”

“What, why? What’s with these bags?” I questioned in confusion, placing them on my wet bed and starting to unfold the wrappers; three dresses, two pairs of shorts, several T-shirts, a jacket…

“You didn’t think that we would let you with only your dress these days, did you?” Liam eventually rolled his eyes, but his smile was playful.

My eyebrows knitted together, as my recently woken up mind was trying to process their words.

“So… you sneaked out of the hotel room in the morning, and went out to…buy me clothes?” I asked, blinking slowly.

“Pretty much.” Louis answered, throwing himself on my bed. The wet sheets didn’t seem to bother him.