56. How to save a life

Harry's POV

"Have you ever wished anything?" 

"Whoa, slow down!" April screamed, holding on to the handle bar for dear life.

"If I could do it, you can!" I laughed, gently letting go of the saddle.

"Don't you dare do that!" she exclaimed in panic, continuing riding insecurely. She kept moving forward, not even noticing I had let go.

"You're doing it, April! You've learnt how to ride a bike!" I said happily.

"You mean my cool bike!" she shouted over her shoulder.

"Shut up, it stopped being yours when you gave it to me on my birthday," I chuckled, starting to run after her on the freshly wet road.

"Like, really badly. I remember that when I was five, I really wanted a cool bike, but for some reason I never got one."

"Have you never ridden a bike?"

"No."

"Me neither."

"You're just jeal--OHHH" April screamed, as the bike crashed in a tree and she fell on grass. I panicked, running faster, thousands of scenarios already racing through my head.

"Are you okay?!" I asked desperately, helping her get up and hugging her closely. I looked at her, trying to estimate if she was hurt in any way, but she just smiled widely.

"I did it. I rode the bike," she grinned and I couldn't help but smile back.

"You did it!" I said cheerfully, lifted her off her feet and spinning her around, lighter than a feather in my arms.

"Guys, you should take a break," Liz said, suddenly appearing behind us with two steaming cups in her hands. "You'll get cold."

"Oh, come on, I just want to enjoy the spring breeze," April whined, accepting her cup as I held mine and thanked Liz.

"Winter has barely ended and you already act as if it's summer hot," she laughed, shaking her head. "Okay, I'm going back inside. Louis has been waiting since forever to start the film," Liz added with a smile, then turned around to leave.

"Have fun!" April shouted after her, taking a sip of her hot chocolate and glancing at me. I chuckled.

"You got it all around your mouth."

"Oh, crap, where?" she asked, starting to wipe her mouth with her fingers, when I caught her hand in mine and smiled. I bent to her level and kissed her, softly, then passionately, while her free arm slid around my neck and mine around her waist. It felt so right and yet I was still slightly nervous every time. It was electricity running through my whole body, making my heart race and my breath stop in my throat.

"Right there," I whispered, as I parted and caressed her face.

"Thanks," she laughed, taking my hand and dragging me down next to her. We sat on the grass, despite it being wet from the earlier rain. She rested her head on my shoulder and looked at the horizon.

"The sun is setting," she sighed in contentment.

"You really love sunsets, don't you?"

"I do, I'm not very sure why though. It's like they're a part of me. Grandma says that my mother used to like them really much, so I guess it's like a lively memory of her."

We stood in silence, watching the light fade slowly, reminding me of distant times.

"You know what I heard?" April said suddenly.