29. The storm

The title may not make any sense at the moment. But just wait for the next chapter (that happens to be the 30th, whoo) to be uploaded, and you'll get it :)

Anger. Denial. Shock. Relief.

All those feelings were running through my veins with an incredible speed. And I couldn't admit it, but I felt my heart jumping with joy as soon as I realized that Harry's presence was finally next to me again.

Of course, that wouldn't last for long; there were other feelings more powerful than the little part of my mind being happy to see him. The revolted parts soon took the control.

"I don't even know what's surprising me the most." I laughed bitterly, looking at the deep water from the pool, trying to fight the feelings that were about to explode. "The fact that you're the one who's donating or that I didn't guess you had something to do with it."

"Is this your way of saying that you missed me?" he smirked cheekily.

At that moment, all the feelings focused in a single, small point, then exploded all at once. I couldn't judge clearly anymore; I broke down.

I heard Daniel shouting at me from the other side of the pool, but it was too late. My hands had already sent all the possible powers into the impact. There was a second of electricity flowing through my body when my fingers touched his skin, but it soon faded away when he squealed like a little girl.

"Idiot!" I barked, as I watched Harry falling into the deep part of the pool, splattering everybody around. Some people automatically gave a high pitched shriek, and not only because the impact splashed them; his hat and sunglasses were long gone, revealing a wet and helpless Harry.

"Help! I can't...swim!" he managed to splutter out, before I heard another voice coming from behind me.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!" I turned around, noticing Mr. Royce boiling with anger; his face was almost completely red.

"I..." I began, as I seemed to be the calmest person around. Desperate fangirls were screaming, trying to throw themselves in the water to save their idol, so most of the staff crew had to struggle to hold them back. Even the people that didn't seem to care too much about the possible victim were watching us closely. The guys were peeking from the staff hut, looking either at me or Harry with pale faces.

"Get him out of the water! " Mr. Royce yelled, but I didn't move. I knew this was bad, really bad, but I just froze, slowly moving my eyes from my angry chief to the drowning Harry.

"God Dammit!" Mr Royce groaned, turning to Daniel. "Go get him! Somebody save my half a million pounds!"

Daniel rushed towards the place where Harry was spluttering the water around and jumped without hesitation, although a smirk was obvious on his face. I was staring blankly at the scene in front of me, with no expression on my face, when my chief's harsh voice made me shudder, whispering in my ear.

"Conference Room. Now."

I let out a shaky breath and turned my head back, noticing Daniel and Harry finally out of the water and surrounded by tons of people. I caught Harry's glance and that was when I realized that I went too far; his body was shaking, and the scared look on his face was tearing me apart.

The guilt started grinding me even more when I walked back inside the hut and I saw the guys, either avoiding my gaze or giving me looks that were making me wish they weren't looking at me. I didn't even know them properly and I already made them hate me. I didn't want to go so far, damn it, I couldn't even imagine that Harry may not know how to swim. But it was too late for this now.