28. Spinning around

Yes, I know, long chapters are boring. But things will get quite interesting towards the end of it xD Also, be aware that there will be a little more swearing than usual, nothing too drastic ;)

April's POV

"W-what's this?" I finally stuttered, as we were walking in silence on my way back home. I still had his coat on my shoulders, but as my clothes were still soaked with coffee, I couldn't help but shudder when the cold wind hit me.

"Your phone bill." he said sarcastically, but I soon heard him laughing.

"Why?" I murmured, ignoring his joke.

His laugh faded, and I paled. He stopped walking, as I soon did the same in horror.

Oh, no. I didn't want to make it sound like this.

"Umm, I mean... Why me?" I asked, finally meeting his eyes. It was obvious that he knew I wasn't talking only about the phone number, but I didn't back away. I needed to know.

After seconds of silence, he slowly walked besides me, as we were standing inches away from each other, without losing eye contact. He rose his hand up carefully, and I froze. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, as his hand finally touched my cheek. But I wasn't intending to. He lowered his head until his eyes were at the same height as mine, as he was gazing at my astonished face.

Saying that the feeling was...weird, would be an understatement.. I felt my cheeks getting warmer although his hand was cold, and my heart was pounding furiously. Yes, weird was a good word, because I couldn't explain all the feelings spinning through my body.

My breath accelerated, as I realized that I knew something; I loved the feeling.

"Let's just say that you're not just 'the girl from the parking lot' for me anymore." he whispered gently, taking away my breath. I wasn't just the girl... What did that mean? Was it in a bad way, like "I met you and I realized how horrible of a person you are", or in a... good one?

Before I could even question, I found myself staring blankly at the street; his face disappeared. We turned around and continued to walk back on the way to my house, pretending like the the earlier thing didn't even happen. But I knew that I hadn't imagined it, because my heart was still racing inside my ribcage. I was still living that happiness feeling.

Well, at least until he asked me again if I was sure that Daniel wasn't my boyfriend, explaining him again that I was just working at this local pool with him...

"April? April!" someone shook me, waking me up from the reverie. I moved my hand away from my eyes, as the sunlight invaded the sight. I blinked for several times until I could finally see Daniel towering over me, looking at me with a disapproving frown.

"What?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"Were you taking a nap on the lounge chair again? You know that they are only for customers!" he scolded, fluttering his hand towards the endless rows full of people trying to tan themselves, as long as the sun was out of the clouds.

"I wasn't taking a nap, it's called daydreaming." I responded, pulling my tongue out at him. He took my hand and pulled me up.

"Same thing." he said, trying to sound mad, but he ended up chuckling. "Come on, I've been searching for you everywhere."

"What? Why? And you know that I'm always on the lounge chairs." I grinned, but Daniel just gave me a disappointed look.

"The staff meeting? Remember?" he spoke rarely, but I just looked at him in confusion.