Epilogue

Dear grandma, 

A lot has changed and I'm not like I used to be, but that's obvious for everyone. Yet I feel good.

I know I should have written earlier, I'm sorry about that. A few months ago I couldn't have hoped that I would be sitting on a beach in California writting a letter to you while the boys are laughing next to me. The warmth of the early summer is tingling my cheeks and it's an extraordinary feeling, since I was convinced that I wouldn't get to feel it again. 

Oh, by the way, I didn't die back then. I'm sure you're rolling your eyes right now at my obvious statement, but still. Somehow, the doctors came up with a miraculous drug which -spoiler alert- is actually working. It doesn't cure my disease and I still have to take like a billion pills a day, but it keeps me going and that's all that matters. 

I've been on this world tour with the boys for quite a while now and before you say anything, don't worry about the house. I always go and water the plants when I'm in town, and when I'm not, that nice neighbour with the cat does it for me, which I find really kind. It's rather silent there these days, but I don't want to sell it since it meant much to our family. I might rent it, though, as maybe it could offer shelter to someone who needs it.

As I said, I'm on the lads' tour and honestly, it is the most incredible experience in my life. The band had picked up the delayed concerts in Europe , then we soon found ourselves on a different continent where we've been ever since. Each one of their shows is electric and full of energy, they make their fans so happy. The most adorable moments might be the ones when Harry brings me on the stage just like that time we met, reminding me over and over again how much I have changed and how lucky I am to have ended up where I am and, after all, being alive. Yes, even sick.

Because every time the crowd would chant my name and scream with happiness at the sight of Harry and I together, I understand not only the great chance I have got to live longer than expected, but how thankful I am for him being mine and me being his, for real. Cheesy, even for me. Yet he makes me so happy, gran, you have no idea how much I love him. Or maybe you do.

Liz is here with us too. Since she froze this year she didn't have much to do, so she decided to stick around and leave before the beginning of the semester. She's happy with Louis and that makes me smile too.

I hope you're good, wherever you are. I miss you.

Love, April.

"Hey" someone whispered in my ear, as I felt a pair of arms wrap around my body carefully. 

I turned my face to him and he shortly brushed his lips over mine. I smiled. 

"Bored already of running around with the lads?" I chuckled, but Harry acted offended.

"Excuse me, it's called football. You wouldn't understand" he turned his head away from me, but looked back when I turned around and stood on my knees in order to face him.

I placed my hands on his cheeks and looked into his blue-green eyes as he gazed into mine. He was there and it was real and this moment was everything I wanted, so I kissed him passionately and he responded eagerly. I genuinely believed he was astonished by the realisation of the fact that we were actually together just as much as I was.

"Slow down there, cowboy." I said laughing when he deepened the kiss, craving for more. I would be lying if I said that I didn't want that too, but even though we were on a private beach, the other guys were around. "Keep the rest for when we're alone" I said slyly as he grinned back at me.

"I'm looking forward to that." he said, then pecked my lips. I felt his mouth form into a big smile and by the looks of the spark in his eyes I could tell I would regret this. "So you need a reason to get back to your hotel room." 

"Where are you going with this?" I laughed, but he already swept me off my feet and headed towards the blue waves of the ocean. I screamed in protest, yet he continued running towards the water with me in his arms and didn't stop until we were both laughing, soaking wet as we splashed each other.

Louis and Liz soon joined us, followed by Zayn, Niall and Liam. We were like little kids, swimming and jumping on each other. I bumped into Harry by accident, but he lifted me in his arms and kissed me until the guys splashed us. He was mad but I laughed loudly. Because after such a long time, that moment was perfect. I didn't know for how long, but I was happy.

And that was what mattered the most.