21. Sweet decisions

"What do you think about this one?" Liz asked, pulling out of the drawer another dress she gave me on my last birthday.

I gave her a helpless look, moving my eyes from the short, blue dress to Liz. She was waiting for me to say something, with a big grin spread on her face.

"For the hundredth time, Liz, no." I sighed. "I said no dresses, no skirts, no prom costumes! It is just a walk in the park. Please?" I begged, eyeing her with a sad expression.

"Maybe this is just a walk in the park for you, but don't you think that you're forgetting a small detail? That, umm, I don't know, the person you're meeting there is randomly the teenagers heartthrob Harry Styles?" she said looking straight at me, rolling her eyes. "You need to look perfect."

I let out a long, exasperated sigh.

"Why is this so important for you? He already saw me wearing my casual clothes at the shopping centre, or my simple combination for the pool. Let alone the time when I was looking like a raccoon, with my make-up spread on my face during that rain at the theatre. So what's the point?" I said calmly, standing up from the same place I stayed for the last dress up session, on my bed.

Liz gave me a sympathetic smile, and spoke,

"I know. Don't you think that I can't imagine the way he is looking at you, no matter what you're wearing? Or that I didn't see the special connection between you two when you first met on the stage?..."

"Connection? What are you saying? He simply held my hand. It was nothing." I cut her off, remembering his first touch, the first smile he gave me....

"Oh, come on! Did you seriously not notice the way he was looking at you? He looked like he was ready to catch a bullet for you if it was necessary, right there, and right at that moment! Or how suddenly your shyness disappeared when he held your hand? That was definitely something." Liz said, full of confidence.

I fell silent. Even I couldn't deny the way I felt on the stage. But Harry? I highly doubt that he ever felt those stupid feelings constantly rushing through my head.

I'm just another simple girl for him.

But why do I care? It's not like I fancy him, or other things that Liz is claiming. Though I can't understand why he is acting so nice with me.

"So, as I said.." She spoke again, with satisfaction in her voice. "You are technically living a dream that I've always had, and I hoped it would come true. I had a celebrity crush on Harry Styles for years! And right now, when you were offered this extraordinary chance, and he apparently really likes you, you're ready to run away!" Liz exclaimed.

My jaw dropped slightly in shock. She was right. How could I possibly forget? All those nights she fan girled in my bedroom, all those hours she spent talking about Harry and the band, all those times she confessed that she would do anything to meet him.

And right now I am living her dream. Damn it! I am so selfish...

"I'm sorry." Surprisingly, the words didn't come out from my mouth as they were supposed. Instead of it, I looked at Liz, who had a sad smile on her lips. "I can't blame you for the fact that Harry Styles likes you. It is unfair...I wasn't judging what I was talking, so...I'm sorry." she added.

"Oh, no, you were right." I hurried to say. "I just think that..I mean I guess..." I took a deep breath and tried again. "I'm scared Liz. I don't know what to do, or what is happening. Somehow, Harry Styles always succeeds in sneaking into my mind. I feel like I'm not myself anymore!"

Liz sat down on my bed as she signaled me to join her. I reluctantly followed her, as she gave me a small smile.

"If you could see yourself you'd laugh." She chuckled. "Stop worrying so much and live the moment. Follow your heart and stop thinking so much about it.''