C H A P T E R 3 0

Arabella's POV

Soon Monday rolled. I spent the whole weekend with my sisters on Susannah's home. She is so much excited about the baby. And I'm really happy for her. Actually I'm ecstatic to became an aunt!

I smiled at the security guards as they let me in. I went toward the elevator when a figure caught my attention. I looked toward left at the reception desk and found a very old friend of mine sitting behind the desk. It was Ellie Adams!

"Hey Ella!" the brunette said as soon she saw me. I immediately jumped at her engulfing her in a tight bear hug.

"Oh my God Ellie! What are you doing here?" I asked after letting her go.

"I got a promotion and shifted here." she said fixing back her glasses.

"I'm so glad you're here. I missed you." I said hugging her once more.

"I missed you too." she said patting my back.

"See you later." I said letting her go. I went to the elevator and saw a closing door.

'I guess I need to wait for the next one.' I mused to myself.

But a hand came between the door and stoped it from closing. The door opened automatically revealing the man who helped me. I got in the elevator immediately and turned toward the man.

"Thank you sir." I said to him with a smile. He was tall with curly dark brown hair, blue eyes and stubble covered his sharp jawline. His was wearing a navy suit over a white shirt and black dress shoes. He seem quite familiar to me. As if I saw him before.

"Your welcome miss." he nodded looking at me, giving me a better opportunity to study his features.

God he looks so much familiar!

I looked at his reflection on the steel door for almost a minute, working out my brain where I saw him. Soon the lock in my brain clicked.

"Xavier?" I asked frowning at him.

He immediately looked at me with a frown. His eyes studied my face for some time before.

"Arabella?" He questioned in his deep voice.

"Yes that's me." I said smiling.

"You look different."

"I do look different of course, since the last time." I said chuckling. He softly laughed remembering the last time he saw me.

"It's good to meet you again." He said nodding.

"Yes it is! What are you doing here?" I nodded my head.

"I'm here for a business deal."

"Is it? Best of luck then!" I said with a genuine smile.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me back.

"I work here. A new intern actually." I said gesturing with my hand.

"Ah I see. Well then hope to bump on you again sometime soon." he said shaking my hand.

"Yes." I chuckled. Soon the elevator dinged open revealing the entrance of the floor. Lilly was sitting behind her desk. I went up to the scanner and swiped my badge on it.

"Good morning Lilly!" I greeted entering the glass double door.

"Morning Ella." She smiled up at me. Immediately her eyes went to the tall man coming inside behind me. I moved sideways giving him space to enter.

At that very moment Alison came out of the glass doors, seperating the architecture department from the rest of the floor, with three files cradled in her hand. Her grey eyes fixated on me and shone brightly.