C H A P T E R 4 4

Arabella's POV

One month passed in a blink of an eye since I started dating Alexander Knight. It was beautiful one month. Full of heavenly bliss. I never knew Alexander can be so much caring and sweet as he was in this one month. It's like I saw a completely different side of him, which he reserved for me.

I snapped out of my daydreaming when I saw Scott entering his cubicle with a large photo frame in his hands. I got up from my desk and went toward his trying to see the picture. And finally I saw it.

"Hey Scott where's that?" I leaned on his desk and pointed the photo frame which had his picture with his daughter and wife smiling brightly at the camera with a amusement swing behind him. I never knew New York City has a fair.

"Oh that's state fair. You should go there." Scott knows that I'm not from New York and doesn't know much about it, so he would always recommend me sites and places to visit for weekends. And yeah maximum of the time Alexander and I spend our weekend like that.

"Okay. How long will that stay?" I asked nodding at the idea of a good weekend.

"It will end in one week. My daughter absolutely loved it, go out it will be fun." he said smiling fondly at his daughter's picture.

"Okay." I replied him back with a grin as my brain started working on plans.
***

The rest of the day went on in a blur of work ans soon five rolled in. At five in the afternoon I found myself standing in front of Xavier's office ready to knock on the door. I knocked on the door three times before Xavier called me inside. I peeked my head inside and saw him working on his laptop when a devious idea crossed my mind. I entered the room, standing in the middle.

"Sir it's already five." I said bringing up his attention toward me. He looked at me from his laptop, his sky blue eyes hidden by his black rimmed glasses.

" You are going?" he asked more to himself, "Okay then. Have a good weekend." he throw me a genuine smile before going back to his work.

Shit. I need to tell immediately.

"Well about the weekend. What's your plan?" He stopped and looked at me with confused yet calculating gaze.

"Why do you ask?" he asked leaning back against his seat.

"General question. That's it. And I was planning to visit the fair tomorrow." I explained myself with a shrug.

"Weren't you supposed to go on a date?" He teased me with a smirk. I propped on the leather seat in front of his desk.

"Well yes but no. Going on a date is fun but going out with friends is much more fun. And don't you think twenty dates in a single month is really unhealthy?" He gave a loud laugh hearing me out, which made me smile then eventually laugh.

"So what do you say?" I asked sobering up from my laughter but a sneaky smile remained on my lips.

"Well I honestly don't want to be a third wheel." my eyes widened and gave a cute puppy face.

"Please! You won't be a third wheel I promise." I said with a pout and my best puppy doe eyes. He gulped down with a contemplating look etched on his face. He kept on pondering for a while before finally giving in my pestering.

"Okay okay I'll go." he said finally surrending to my plans. I grinned at him in satisfaction.

***

• Next Day •

I entered the long platinum steam of my pearl earrings through the tiny piercing of my earlobe, and secured it tightly from behind. I drew back from the mirror checking out my look for the last time before exiting my closet.
I wore a turtleneck white sweater with a plaid miniskirt and thigh high beige boots. My hair was a half up half down ponytail, with no makeup at all.