C H A P T E R 4 3

Alison's POV

Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

You can do this.

You just need to distract Xavier and Ivy tonight.

That's it.

For your best friend and Arabella.

Yes I can do this without any problems. Managing Ivy is easy for me. But Xavier.

God I feel so guilty already, just by thinking about how much he will be hurt knowing that I used him. Specially on his birthday. He likes me. He likes me a lot and I know that. And it's breaking me to hurt him.

But what even I should do? Alex won't be able to ask Ella if any one specially Ivy disturb them. I need to help the only friend who was there in my lowest point. Who supported me nonetheless. You would do anything for your best friend right?

"Ahh!" I growled out lowly for only me to hear, careful enough to not to wrinkled the delicately wrapped ou flower bouquet.

What do you give a man who has everything?

Well I thought about why not flowers? A beautiful bouquet of blue orchids, purple calla lilies and white peonies. Isn't that beautiful? And it won't be staying with you taking up your space more than seven days. I looked at the flowers and frowned.

Where are you Xavier?

I looked up and saw hundreds of people's face but not the cerulean blue eyed face who I need to distract from Arabella.

Get out of the ballroom perhaps on the balcony? Search for Xavier or at least see what's going on with Alex and Ella?

I pondered over my thoughts for a moment before giving in the idea and heading out of the ballroom with the bouquet of flowers. Outside the ballroom, in the balcony, it was quite peaceful unlike the hot and chaotic environment in the party. I went over the railing and looked up at the beautiful bright moon in the night sky, soaking in it's silver light. I closed my eyes, cherishing every moment with the beautiful aroma of the flower surroundings me. I brought the bouquet closer to my chest trying to ease off the tightness in them.

Immediately I opened my eyes, when I sensed movement coming from my right direction. I walked faster yet discreetly toward the corner and hid behind the wall anticipating their next movement. I peeked my head out but instead was greeted by a man who was leaning on the railing on his elbow looking out toward the garden.
He was no one other than Xavier Roosevelt.

I sighed in relief and peeled myself off the wall. I walked slowly toward him drinking in his appearance. He was wearing a fitted black tuxedo, making his shoulders look broader, with white crisp shirt and black bow tie.

He was very deep in thoughts that he didn't noticed me coming toward him till I was in his reach.