C H A P T E R 1 8

Arabella's POV:

Soon I found myself seated in another of Alexander's car. This time it was an Audi. But same like the previous time I was seated with Alexander and Alison was up in front. It was evening in New York at that time. Buzzing car went on the road like light rays.

"Oh I forgot. This are for you." handing me a white envelope. The car slowed to a stop infront of a large building.

"What are these? " I asked frowning.

"Oh these are some documents for work and your ID badge." She said getting off.

"Okay thanks." I called out.

"See you tomorrow morning!" she yelled at her back.

The car pulled out the curb and went to the other direction which is toward the Madison Avenue in the upper east side.

"What does that apartment cost?" I asked as the car took a left.

"Not that you need to know." he grumbled low in his breath.

"I do actually need to know! I'm going to live there I need to know how much that cost." he gritted his teeth for sometime getting annoyed.

"Five millions." he said after a bit.

What?!

Are you kidding me?!

of course not! My subconscious squinted her eyes at me.

"Oh God it will take me several years to pay back." I said palming my forehead with my elbow resting on the glass window.

"Like the hell I'm going to take your money..." he said under his breath.

"You brought me that apartment?!" I said narrowing my eyes toward him.

Silence gave me my answer.

"Wow! Unbelievable!" I said laughing. Luckily the car pulled up in front of a tall building.

"Why did you did the arrangements for my accommodation?" I said crossing my hands on my chest.

"Because I thought I need to do it." he said facing me.

"Oh so you always arrange the accommodations for every new employees of you?" I tilted my head toward right.

"No I don't." he said through his teeths.

"So why me?" I crossed my hands on my chest.

"Because your brother is my friend."

So he did it only for Matthew.

That hurts like hell man!

My chest was burning with a huge load of pressure on it. I got out immediately slamming the door behind me. I rounded the rare and opened the deck. I placed my luggage on the side walk when Alexander came up in front of me.

"What if I don't take your offer? What if I refuse it?" I said poking his chest.

"You didn't." he smirked at me.

"Well I can still and that's not an answer."

"You won't." he is so full of himself.

"Wrong answer. I will. Watch me." I said dragging the two heavy trolley behind me. I dodged his barrier and walked fast on the sidewalk God knows which direction.

"Arabella for godsake listen! this is also what your brother wants." he said grabbing my wrist and spinning me toward him.

"You don't get to tell me what my brother wants or not!" I was now seething.