C H A P T E R 1 4

Arabella's POV:

“ You know you can apply in your brother’s company.” My fingers halted half way on the keypad registering what my best friend said. I looked at my best friend diverting my attention towards her from my laptop. There she was lying on her bed with her butterfly glasses resting on her nose bridge and her laptop in front of her.

I looked at my bandaged forefinger ,which I had accidentally injured while chewing on my nail due to nervousness of getting my results finally, and frowned before shutting down the laptop and getting up from the bench. I was now in her room in her apartment which is next door to mine. Her bed is placed on one of the wall with a small window up on the wall. A small tool was at the foot of the bed while the bench was placed on the other side of the room where I was currently. Her room is quite smaller than mine but much more cosier.

I rounded her bed and took a place besides her at the foot of the bed facing both her and the mirror. I took a small glimpse of myself in the mirror before diverting my attention toward my best friend. I was wearing a pink sweater with faded blue jeans with black Nike adorned my feet. I had my long blond brown hair pulled up in a messy bun. And my face free of any makeup.

“ What do you mean by that?” I asked, bringing my attention back to her.

“ you know you can easily complete your internship in your brother’s company as they also hire interns so it will sort of be easy for you there.” She explained herself.

“ No I can’t. You know that I don’t want to get my internship through my brother’s and father’s name. I want to make it on my own without their help.” I said her the truth.

“ As you say but you can at least give them your resume as they do hire interns.” She said getting up in a sitting position and thrusting her laptop in my hands .

“Not my brother’s but I did listed down some company I would like to try.” I said after browsing for a moment. I returned her laptop and got up to fetch mine.

“ Here are they.” I said handling her my laptop. She started to browse through it.

“ You see the Knights also offer internship to architects .” she said out of blue still browsing through my laptop. I looked at her confused and as if she knew what reactions I will have on my face she continued on “ I know you don’t like the CEO but not all new intern goes under his charge and you might not see him everyday. So take a chill pill it’s only one year matter.” She said.

“ After I get the offer.” I pointed out to Paulyne.

“Oh babe you will of course get the offer it will be stupid of Alexander Knight to not to offer you the internship.” She said handing me back my laptop.

“ Can you stop talking about the Knight Industries? They are not the only company to offer internship. There are other names I would like to try.” I said closing my laptop. She gave me a look which clearly screams ‘are you now behaving like a coward?’ “ and I will also apply in the Knights if that makes you believe I don’t care about the CEO.” I quickly added to make her shut her mouth.

“Okay do it right now.” She said snatching my laptop from my hands.
“ Do what right now ?” I asked her bewildered but she kept typing something in my laptop.

“ Fill up the form of applications in the knights.” She slowly drawled out as she pressed some keys before handing over. And there was it the freaking application letter in my email waiting there patiently for me to fill it up and send.

I hesitated for a moment before typing because let’s see what this adventure brings me.

***

I looked at the mirror for another time taking in my appearance slowly. I was wearing a pale lilac shirt with white pearl like buttons , pairing with a navy blue denim jeans and nude pointed heels. My accessories includes a golden Rolex watch which my sister-in-law gifted me in my last birthday and a small pair of diamond studs on my ears. My makeup was very minimal. Just a layer of foundation, setting powder, nude peach lipstick and a coat of mascara for my eyelash. And my golden brown hair was pulled back in a sleek ponytail.