C H A P T E R 0 6

Arabella's POV :

"the exam is finally over!" Paulyne, my best friend, exclaimed like a giddy school girl who hate exams.

I had met her when we both were freshmen. And since then we are sort of inseparable. We are even neighbours. But our subjects are different. She studies law while I study architectural engineering, but we both studies in the same university.

" You know I still have two more exam remaining." I said in a sad tone to her.

" Yeah ." she said with the giddy look dropping from her face.

" No problem I will accompany you the next few days. And I will make you my special cappuccino." she said waving her hand in the air.

" hmm... You know that I love you." I said to her humming with appreciations.

" Yeah I know and I love you too babe." She said wrappings her hand around my waist while I wrapped my hand around her shoulder.

" Let's go to our usual cafe." She proposed.

" Of course. I need a good cup of coffee after giving that awful exam." I said.

It took us five minutes to reach there

We settled in our seats after giving the order.

" Did you heard from him again?" she asked after some time.

" Who?" I asked diverting my attention to her from my phone.

" Alexander Knight babe." She said narrowing her eyes toward me.

It's been nearly more than one month since that incident and me coming back to Berkeley from Los Angeles. Neither I did heard about him from anyone nor he directly called me. And why would he even call me while I am no more than a stranger to him. God what happens to me whenever I think of him!

And I did told everything to Paulyne as soon as I reached here. And now she is asking me whether he called me or I called him.

" Babe you know that I am not interested in him and either he is. Any way we are just stranger to each other nothing else." I said to her.

She slumped in her chair with a sigh. She opened her mouth to say something but got cut off.

" Hey girls." A guy shrieked right behind me, scaring me.

" Jesus Christ!" I exclaimed with my own shriek. I faced the idiot who decided to scare me, but found my idiot of a best friend Kane.

" What the hell Kane. Are you planning to kill me idiot?" I said throwing my hands up in the air.

" No Elle of course not." He said after kissing Paulyne.

" Yeah yeah that can be seen." I said in his chest as he engulfed me in a hug.

He studies business studies and is in the same year as us. And yeah both of them are together and are dating for a year now. It is just me who is always single.