Cheers, Mathletes, and Touchdowns Chapter Eight

Here's a new part. Two parts in one night is quite an achievement. pls dont forget to comment.

Song suggestions are welcome.

Chapter Eight.

April

We  went  to  see  a  very  nasty  action  movie.  I  don't  know,  honestly,  what  Alexi   was  thinking.  Why  would  a  girl  like  me  want  to  watch  a  martial  arts  movie?  So  typical  male.

I  was  angry  and  sad  when  I  got  home  that  night.  If  Alexi  isn't  responsive  to  my  needs,  where  was  our  relationship  going?  Maybe  he  just  doesn't  care.

'Oh,  stop  it  April.  You're  gonna  make  yourself  sick.  Alexi  loves  you.  Well,  even  though  he  has  never  actually  said   it.'  I  told  myself.

As  I  padded  across  my  living  room,  I  said  hi  to  Shelley  who  was  watching  a  silly  show  on  TV  with  a  giant  bowl  of  ice  cream  on  her  lap.

"Um,  Shelley,  what  are  you  doing?"

"Watching  TV,  obviously."  She  replied  sarcastically.

"I  know,  I  can  see  that."  I  came  to  sit  beside  her,  "Why  are  you  eating  a  big  bowl  of  ice  cream  in  front  og  the  TV  on  a  Friday  night?"

She  turned  to  look  at  me.  "Because  I  want  to,  ok?  Just  let  it  go."  She  sulked  and  turned  back  to  her  TV  and  ice  cream.  With  all  the  marshmallows  and  chocolate  chips  in  the  ice  cream,  I  had  to  admit it  looked  inviting,  but  still,  Shelley  would  never  succumb  to  that  if  she  wasn't  under  an  emotional  strain.

"Alright,  Shelley,  we'll  just  sit  here  together  and  watch  TV."  I  crossed  my  legs  in  front  of  me  and  collected  the  bowl  from  her.  Even  though  my  mind  was  screaming  no,  I  just  couldn't  resist.  I  took  two  spoonfuls,  it  was  pure  paradise.

I  refused  to  return  the  bowl  to  her  because  it  would  most  likely  be  the  beginning  of  a  pig-out  fest  for  both  of  us.

"April,  just  give  me  my  ice  cream,   I  want  to  curl  up  and  sulk  alone."  She  whined,  turning  puppy-dog  eyes  in  my  direction.

Holy  Cow.  I  had  to  become  a  bitch  now.  I  stood  up.

"Would  you  just  snap  out  of  it  already?  What  happened  to  the  bitch  I  left  at  school  today?"

Shelley  smiled  sadly  at  me.  "She  broke  up  with  Andy."

Of  all  her  boyfriends,  I  think  she  had  a  special  fondness  for  this particular  guy  because  I  have  never  seen  her  like  this  before.

"I'm  so  sorry."

"And  then  Beverly  and  Rachael  called me  a  bitch  to  my  face."  She  said.

"So?  I  do  it  all  the  time."  I  told  her.

She  looked  at  me  like  I  wasn't  getting  it.  "Beverly  and  Rachael,  chief  skanks,  called  me  a  bitch  to  my  face.  And  Andy  did  too."

"Oh  sweetie, I'm  so  sorry."  I  crooned.

"Thanks.  I  know  you  are.  I'm  not  a  bitch,  am  I?"

That  was  a  trick  question,  but  since  tonight  was  probably  never  going  to  be  mentioned  again,  I  decided  to  risk  it.

"Well,  technically, um,  I  wouldn't  actually  say  they're  wrong."  I  said  truthfully.

"I  know  that  already,"  she  whined.  "But  you  are  my  friend,  and  you  are  supposed  to  tell  me  they're  wrong.  That's  what  they're  all  there  for."  She  wailed.

"Sorry,  bestie.  Get  your  ass  off  that  couch  right  now  and  lets  get  some  sleep.  We'll  work  out  something  tomorrow  morning."  I  winked  suggestively,  "Might  even  go  to  the  mall,  scope  some  guys."

Her  head  dropped,  "I'm   depressed.  I  don't  wanna  do  anything."

"I'm  your  doctor,  and  whatever  I  say  is  law."  I  told  her  and  dragged  her  upstairs. 

On  the  way,  I  noticed  my  parents'  bedroom  was  locked,  which  meant  they  weren't  in. Again.

But  by  now,  I  was  too  old  to  care.

A/N- any suggestions welcome. pls read, comment, and vote.