Cheers, Mathletes, and Touchdowns Part Six

I hope its not odd that Sam's POV came up twice, its just a comtinuuation of the previous one.

Anyway, Enjoy

Part 6

Samantha

Don't  get  me  wrong. They  didn't  look  exactly  the  same  but  they  both  had  the  handsome  face,  clear  friendly  blue  eyes,  etc  going  for  them.  It  was  all  reminiscent  of  Alexi.  Life  is  so  unfair.  Guys  like  this  are  made  to  torture  us  poor  nerd  girls.

"How're  you  doing?"  He  asked.

He  was  such  an  angel.  "I'm  fine."  I  went  to  the  sink  and  rinsed  out  my  mouth.

"Oh  God,  Josh.  Thank  you  so  much.  We  didn't  know  what  to  do."  Val  said  in  gratitude.

"Somehow,  the  irony  of that  isn't  lost  on  me.  And  you  too."  He  added,  smiling  and  trying  to  put  Val  at  ease  for  this.  It  was  always  easy  for  her  to  blame  herself  for  stuff  that  goes  wrong.  Nobody knows  the  reason  for  that,  and  I  don't,  too. 

A  girl  came  in  to  use the  restroom  but  when  she  sighted  the  guy,  she  went  back  and  double-checked  the  sign  on  the  door.  "This  is  for  ladies,  right?"  The  girl  asked,  obviously  a  freshman.       

"Yeah,  I'm  sorry.  We  had  a bit  of  an  emergency  here.  I'll  just  go."  He  pointed  to  the  door  and  hurriedly  left,   visibly  embarrassed.

The  girl  stared  at  me  curiously.  Val  glared  at  her  half-heartedly,  concerned  about  me.  "Are  you  alright?"  she  asked  timidly.

"Yeah,  thanks.  It  was  just  so  unbelievable."  I  said,  still  not  comprehending  what  just  happened.

Val  looked  scared.  "It  all  happened  so  fast.  I  thought  you  were  playing  around  at  first  but  then  your  face  went  all  pale  ,  then  red,  and  then  pale  again,  and  we  knew  something  was  wrong."  She  became  pensive  again  and  took  it  out  on  the  poor  girl  still  staring  at  me  like  I  was  some  celebrity.  "What  are  you  looking  at.  Get  lost!"  She  howled  and  the  poor  girl  ran  into  the  nearest  stall. 

"I'm  gonna  become  a  doctor  so  that  I'll  know  how  to  deal  with  stuff  like  this."  She  stared  me  apologetically.

"It's  okay,  Val." She  was  going  to  art  school  and  nothing's  gonna  stand  in  the  way  of  it.      

 "It's  not  okay.  I  just  remembered  that  Mr.  Markson  told  us once  in  Health  Science  class  that  choking  can  kill.  If  I  had  not  joined  in  that  miracle-worker  rubbish, it  wouldn't  have  happened.  I  just  almost  killed  my  best  friend."  Val  wailed,  annoyingly  close  to  tears.

"I'm so  sorry." The  girl  from earlier  said.

Val  just  ignored  her.

"You  are  Samantha  Walker?"  She  was  still  looking  at  me  like  I  had  just  wowed  the  life  out  of  her instead  of   just  throwing  up.

"Yep.  I  am."  I  said,  somehow  embarrassed.

"You're  the  genius!  All  my  friends  talk  about  you.  Like  you've  won  tons  of  stuff  for  the  school in  all  those  science  competitions."  She  rattled  on.

I  blushed,  "Well..."  I  started  to  say  something,  anything,  when  she  stuck  her  hand  and  introduced  herself.  "I'm  Mitchie  Anderson."

I  shook  her  hand and  told  her  it  was  nice  to  meet  her. She  smiled  satisfactorily  and  left the  bathroom  muttering  to  herself,  "They're  so  not  going  to  believe  this."

Val  looked  dumbstruck.  "Are  you  a  celebrity  now  or  what?"

"For  choking  in the  cafeteria?  Don't  think  so."  I  said  sarcastically.

"I'm  so  sorry,"  she  said  yet  again.

"It's  not  your  fault.  I  shouldn't  have  gobbled  up  all  that  spiced  chips  so  fast."  I  reassured  her.

We  went  out  of  the  bathroom  together  and  saw  Ben  and  Damian  wringing  their  hands  just  at the  end  of  the  hall.  We  went  over  to  them.  I  stopped  Ben  as  he  opened  his  mouth.

"It's  okay.  Really.  I'm  fine,  I  didn't  choke  to  death."  I  smiled.

"Not  funny." Val  murmured  beside  me.

"Whatever."  By  the  way,  who's  that  guy  that  helped  me?"  I  faced  Val.  "You  seem  to  know  him,  You  called him  'Josh'."

I  met  him  this  afternoon.  He's  new  and  I  kinda  invited  him  to  sit  with  us  at  our  table.  Is  that  alright?"  She  looked  at  our  faces.

"Hell,  yeah!"  Damian  shouted.

"Language,  Damian."  Ben  cautioned  and  we  all  grinned  as  we  went  back  to  the  cafeteria  to  get  our  stuff  and  get  to  class.  We  were  nerds  after  all. 

I'll  thank  Josh  later  when I  see  him.