Cheers, Mathletes, and Touchdowns Part Ten

A/N: Yeah, Yeah, I know I promised, and I'm really sorry for not uploading soon enough. I really hope this is long enough to tide you guys over for a few days while I try to come up with a better, well written chapter. I've not been getting the kind of sleep I think I deserve, so forgive me if this doesn't make much sense. Maybe when I'm better, I'll try to edit some errors. If u notice any, please let me know.

Ps-the chapters may not come this frequently any more, I may start uploading once or maybe twice every week because I'm back in school and my dog just died, but i'll try my best and write a lot of chapters before real work begins. Don't un-fan me or stop following this story, pls.

Sorry, I think I've rambled long enough. I'll let you get to the story you've waited this long for. See ya.

Please vote and comment, and if u love it, fan. Thx <33333333 xxannie93xx

Samantha

Whew!

Suffocating and surrounded by all sorts of designer label clothes and shoes. I had to wonder how I got here in the first place. If Valerie were not my best friend, I wouldn't be doing this for her or anybody else. Right now, I was so angry that I stood in front of Val with my hands on my hips trying to know what had possessed her to get a job at the mall (not so bad), at the clothing department (of all places), helping customers with fittings and selections (of all things to do).

"It's not so bad." Val tried to explain.

"You called me this morning, to tell me that you got a job at the mall, and that you were excited. Excited! I mean, you are excited to get a job fitting designer clothes?" I shook my head in disbelief. "What were you thinking?"

She stood up and matched my stance, "What was I thinking? Are you serious?"

"Yep." I said shortly.

"Oh," she waved her hand in dismissal. "Don't be so dramatic. I had to practically threaten the poor guy with a law suit to create the job, and I still get my employee discount." Val relaxed and climbed back into her sofa, one that probably meant for money-paying customers.

When I thought about what Val had said, I started laughing, and I laughed so hard, like I haven't laughed in ages.

Val looked at me quizzically, like I was losing it. "What is so funny?"

"You, my friend, are funny." I managed to get out in between peals of laughter.

"How so?" She asked me, almost pouting.

"Blackmail with a law suit? Employee discount?"

"So?" she pouted now.

I sobered up, "Do you even know a lawyer? What are you even going to do with an employee discount?"

"Duh, buy clothes." She replied. "About the lawyer thing, I know your Mum."

"How you are going to convince my Mum to sue someone for not giving you a job, especially if you didn't come with great references, is beyond me."

She lifted her lips at a corner, "Grounds of racial discrimination?" she asked, unsure.

"The guy must be pretty dense to have believed you." I told her frankly, but she knew I didn't mean anything bad by it. "And, besides, the clothes here are very expensive. They're gonna cost you your whole monthly salary, even with the discount."