Cheers, Mathletes, and Touchdowns Part Fourteen

A/N: I upload irregularly and I’m sorry for that. I just hope you won’t stop reading because of that. I’ll try my best to write better and upload faster. I was listening to Dido’s Life for Rent, Anna Nalick’s Wreck of the Day and Miley Cyrus’ Bottom of the Ocean as I wrote this, so I think it sort of set the mood for this chapter. I hope it is long enough to tide you over until I get the next few chapters written and uploaded.

This chapter might not be so long bit I am uploading two or even three chapters tonight to make up for the long wait. I promise it is all worth the wait and I hope you'll stick with me. Thanks a lot for your suport,

Love,

xx annie xx

Part Fourteen

April

“Did she say if she was coming?” I asked Meredith anxiously.

Meredith looked up from assessing her nails and shrugged, “I don’t know. She seemed a lot surprised when I invited her, as I still am. Why would I waste four invites on a group of dorky kids when there were lots of hot basketball players to be invited?” she asked as if she couldn’t believe it.

“We’ll pay you for the invites, and you can invite more people,” Shelley told her before backtracking and asking, “What do you mean four invites?”

Meredith shrugged again, “You said I should make her accept whatever it took, and it seemed she and her friends were a package deal. I would have given the hot charming Chace Crawford look-alike, but he didn’t ask for one for himself.”

I nodded as Shelley started, “What hot, charming, Chace Crawford look-alike?”

Meredith dropped her bored stance and perked up at the chance for gossip, “Oh, it was a transfer student sitting at their table. I told that Sam girl to bring him along.”

I cut in before Shelley could say anything, “I know that guy. I noticed he’s, like, always with her.”

Shelley closed her mouth and sat back. Meredith piped in, “So, when do I get the money for the invites? They’re pretty expensive and I hope you know I have a guest list that is now disrupted.”

“Yeah, so?” Shelley asked indignantly.

“So, what?” Meredith asked.

“So, un-disrupt it,” Shelley supplied knowledgably. “You are the big party planner, what are four extra guests?”

Meredith sighed in acceptance, “I guess there’s really no problem. As for the payment, I’ll take Visa.” She said and put out her hand.

Shelley dug around her purse and gave her a Visa card which Meredith pocketed. Meredith stood up and announced that she was leaving.

“Why?” I asked, just to be polite.

“I have four more people to plan for, and four more invites to make. I think I need all the time I can get.” She announced huffily.

“Yeah, you do, Just make sure there’s a lot to drink and get drunk on,” Shelley told her in a superior and surprisingly tired voice.

“Cool,” I said, “See you later.”

“Whatever,” Meredith said, collecting her bag and walking out.

We waited until we heard the sound of her Mercedes pulling out of my driveway before I asked Shelley what the plan was, exactly.