𝟐𝟖 | our own demons

𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒔𝒚𝒄𝒉𝒐 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖?∘◦ ✾ ◦∘_______ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘

_______

IT WAS CURRENTLY THE SECOND TIME JASPER HAD LASHED OUT THAT MONTH IN ARKADIA, this time, after getting his throat almost slit open by an azgeda warrior he impulsively decided to attack an arkadian after they retrieved some of mount weather's supplies. may understood his lashing out, but just wished he confined to someone about it, like her, or monty, and especially krystal, who was the most worried about him besides monty.

jasper had reopened his wound from attacking the man, so may redid the stitching and the bandage. silence surrounded the two tightly like a rope as may worked on him, with her side eyeing the boy with an unsure look as he stared at the wall in front of him with an inexpressive face. may knew in some type of way he wasn't right in the head, but she didn't blame him after suffering from something so traumatic, but she's been there.

she knew what it was like to be stuck in such a deep hole that you didn't know how to get out of, to cope she slit her wrists, but for jasper, he drunk himself to sleep every chance he could.  and her and monty would always be the ones finding him in the middle of the night after her late shift.

as may stuck a piece of tape on top of the bandage and jasper's neck skin to keep it in place, he spoke up, "i heard you got promoted to be a surgeon. congratulations." he spoke with a stern, and emotionless tone, "nice to know that you're another person here doing something with your life and forgetting about all the innocent people that died in mount weather."

jasper was both right and wrong, just yesterday may fernsby got promoted to be a certified surgeon after hours on end of training, and she was proud of herself that all the hard work didn't go to waste. but he was wrong about her saying she forgot about what happened at mount weather. while being carried out on a stretcher through the mount weather halls they had passed the dining room, where may saw all the red, blistered bodies scattered amongst the floor, and she never forgot it.

may gulped thickly, deciding the ignore his last comment, "listen we need to talk." she stated, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder, "i know how much those people in mount weather meant to you."

jasper's facial expression flushed in frustration just before he shot up and turned to the girl, his eyes watering at the memory of the people in mount weather, "what is it you wanna talk about? how dead all of those people still are?"

"i know what it's like to feel as if you're sinking into nothing day by day. it's rough." may stated, her eyes hiding in front of the pain she felt, "but you're not ever gonna move past it unless you face how you feel. krystal's worried about you—"