𝟎𝟐 | john murphy

𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒅𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕, 𝒅𝒐𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓

𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒅𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕, 𝒅𝒐𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓. 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕?
_______

AS NIGHT FELL QUICKLY ON THE GROUP OF DELINQUENTS, may fernsby went around collecting any helpful resources for herself and the hundred. preferably just to get them through the night, but anything else would be fine.

every other hour she would check up on wells, and it was the same thing, nothing had changed. the pain was still the same, no pain increased, no blood or scrapes, he was gonna be fine by tomorrow.

so may trusted wells that he was okay, and returned to the dropship to find any useful supplies. as she continued trying to pick the ship clean of anything, she managed to find a med kit wedged between two of the seats. "yes!" she excitedly said to herself, at least now she had things to work with. some disinfectant, bandages, needle and stitches, and more.

yet no food, and there was nothing she could do about it. it hasn't even been a day on the ground yet and she was worried for herself, her sickle cell anemia. she was scared it was gonna dangerously affect her if she didn't do something about it soon.

"so doctor fernsby—what'd you find?"

by the sound of an unfamiliar voice she whipped around with fear in her eyes, only to see the boy who had picked a fight with wells earlier when they landed. by her expression, the boy could see he had freaked her out, "woah, sorry doctor. didn't mean to scare ya'."

may grumbled irritably at the boy, and turned back around. she didn't like problem starters, and this boy was a walking trouble maker. she grabbed the med pack, turned around, and walked past the boy without a care on what he had to say. as she jumped off of the ladder to the first floor, she'd hoped she had gotten away from him, only he was right on her tail.

as she moved to the back of the dropship to sort out the stuff she found, the boy walked up behind her, "what's wrong doctor fernsby, am i interrupting your time to change your tampon?"

she rolled her eyes and turned the upper half of her body around to look at him, "how the hell do you know my last name?"

the boys eyes flickered to the ground before looking back at her, "i um—just recognize you from earth skills, roll call, that's all."

his answer seemed suspicious, but it quickly went over her head. "okay well—do you need something? are you hurt?"

he shook his head, and started to sway back and forth on his feet lightly, "nope. i'm murphy, john murphy. just thought i'd introduce myself since we're gonna be surviving together here and all."