𝟏𝟕 | i thought you were dead

𝒎𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒉𝒚

𝒎𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒉𝒚. 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎.
_______

WHEN MAY FERNSBY PEELED OPEN HER EYELIDS SHE WAS GREETED WITH THE SIGHT OF SPARKLING STARS IN THE NIGHT SKY, and it made her lightly chuckle. it was nice to wake up to a sight like that especially when you're in the middle of the scary woods.

"what're you doin' up?"

at the sound of a familiar, manly voice, may sat up from her laying position on the ground, rubbing her eyes to wake herself up. she looked to her right, seeing bellamy sitting on a log, slouched over as he watched the flames dance in the middle of them all.

may decided the put a pause on answering his question, and looked in front of her, octavia was sleeping on a makeshift bed, using her pack as a pillow and a thin blanket to lay on. and she noticed almost instantly clarke was missing, "where's clarke?"

"went for a bathroom break."

she nodded, and began to stretch her arms over her head, hearing her bones pop from not moving a muscle for hours. "i slept a bit earlier before you arrived, i'm not too tired." she explained to bellamy, answering his question he previously asked.

bellamy nodded in response, deciding to keep his gaze on the cackling flames.

may yawned, and moved off of the uncomfy ground and next to bellamy, silence quickly unwinded around the two of them like a rope.

to distract herself from the silence, may leaned towards the fire, rubbing her hands together to get warmer. no wind was blowing tonight, not even one bit, but being anemic, you get cold easily. "i thought you were dead, may."

at bellamy's statement, may stopped rubbing her hands together and looked at bellamy, seeing the glumness sparkling in his cocoa colored eyes. but despite that, it was really his truth. he thought the girl was dead, or had been captured along with the others. and even when he took the adults back to the dropship and saw them carrying her out on a stretcher clearly unconscious, he thought she wouldn't make it.

"hey." may spoke, gently grabbing ahold of bellamy's forearm. at her touch, he moved his gaze to her. "i know, i thought you were dead too." she turned her body towards him, letting a sigh escape her dry lips, "i got a feeling i won't be dying for awhile."

she paused, flickering her eyes to the fire before meeting bellamy's eyes again, her orbs showing how genuine she was being, "so from now on, i got you, forever. i always have and always will. yeah?"