𝟐𝟒 | aftermath of tonDC

𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆

𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆.
_______

WHEN MAY'S EYELIDS PEELED OPEN THE FIRST THING SHE SAW WAS THE BLURRED, night sky above her, and the the first thing she felt was severe pain all over her body. she blinked numerous times to regain her clear vision, and when she finally did she got the courage to sit up on her elbows, despite the intense pain she was feeling all over her body that told her to lay still.

she took in a small breath, but the pain in her stomach made her yell out in pain. may mentally identified it as a new forming bruise, it had to be, she would've felt the warm substance of blood already if it were a bigger injury.

the pained cries motivated may to sit up even more, despite her wishes to stay still. thick smoke and ash was all that she breathed in. she looked at her surroundings, so many people crying in pain, villagers helping others, but her people were nowhere in sight.

small huts were destroyed, dead bodies littered everywhere in the mud. may sputtered in shock, she couldn't believe what she was witnessing. she remembered walking around the village looking for abby, and next thing she knew, she was here, laying in the dirt, and thick smoke clogging her airway. she had no idea what had happened, and it confused her immensely, but all she knew was that she had to help the wounded.

she coughed from the smoke, but once she breathed in again all it did was burn her throat. may looked down at her lap, luckily, her satchel was still strapped across her body. holding her breath, she quickly reached in and snatched up a bandana, and used that to breathe much better than she did.

 holding her breath, she quickly reached in and snatched up a bandana, and used that to breathe much better than she did

may stood up slowly, and her using her muscles sent pain all throughout her body once again. she was dizzy, but regained her balance quickly as she felt rain lightly fall all over her. rain. despite what was happening, she couldn't help but think of murphy.