𝟓𝟎 | the two lovers

𝒊 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉

𝒊 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉.
_______

"that gives us 90 minutes to run a 6-hour preflight check, retrieve the oxygen generator from the lighthouse, turn a cockpit designed for two into one that can carry 8, and load the cargo hold with enough food to keep us from starving in space while we wait for the algae to bloom."

may was snapped out of her deep trance by raven's tone telling them all what they had to do to get up in space. she wasn't listening before, and that was only because she was a bit in a trance over seeing praimfaya pass through polis, missing bits and pieces of the important conversation between the group as well.

"Becca designed her rocket to dock with Polaris, not the Ark. That means I have to pilot it into the hangar bay on the ring." raven explained to the group, trying her hardest to get them to understand but seemed to be failing miserably.

"what's so hard about that?"

"that's not the hard part, either."

may began rubbing her temples in stress, it was obviously going to take them awhile to successfully make it up to space, that's if they can make it. murphy noticed how anxious may seemed, and began using his left hand to rub her back in gentle circles, bringing his girlfriend comfort.

 murphy noticed how anxious may seemed, and began using his left hand to rub her back in gentle circles, bringing his girlfriend comfort

"what is the hard part, raven?" clarke questioned the mechanic, anxious to know what the hard part was to launch them to space.

"assuming we blast off in time, CO2 scrubbers on a four-person rocket won't support ten of us."

"so we use supplemental oxygen." clarke suggested, hoping it was good enough to give raven an idea. unfortunately, it wasn't.

"our tanks only hold an hour of air." monty stated matter-of-factly, clearly devastated about the current situation as well.

"correct. we'll have one hour to get into orbit, land in the hangar bay, and fire up the life-support system using an oxygen generator built to supply a lighthouse bachelor pad." raven properly made clear to the group, her face clearly etched with worry.