One

A/n: hello people who are going to give this book a try. I'm just going to say that I wrote this book nearly two and half years ago and it was my first book I've ever completed and ever let the eyes of others read besides myself. It is a little eh, but if you are willing to give it a read thank you I really appreciate it. ^.^

The melody of her piano traveled through her empty house and sent peaceful waves through her. This was the only time her pain vanished and was replaced with soothing peace.

She wouldn't say she was happy but she could say she wanted to listen to music non stop. Some would say she is addicted but she just thought it was a daily life routine, a need.

The melody was a melody she had created. What she liked about music wasnt just listening but playing it as well. It was something, the only thing she loved.

It had been 12 years since she walked down her stairs a day after Christmas, to find her mother and her father dead, murdered by a man that is still unknown. Still out there in the world. 12 years ago when he knocked her out and she had gone into a coma. 12 years of everyday panic attacks, sleepless nights, full with nightmares, the pain and terrifying flashback memories of the night she saw her parents die. 12 years ago since she began to live with her Aunt and her uncle and her two little twin cousins Allison and Annabell. 12 years ago since she ruined there lives.

She had always liked to play piano ever since she was born. She learned actually how to at six years old. It didn't take her long to actually learn. She had always been a fast learner anyway. Her aunt taught her how to play and she never could thank her aunt enough for teaching her. Her twin cousins weren't really into music that well. They both liked to sing. They weren't that bad to be seven. She always plays the piano for them while they sing.

*****

The door opens and I continue to play. I hear my aunts voice as she opens the door. I hear the twins running to me. "Lana, what is this song you are playing?" Allison asks, sitting beside me on the piano bench. "Its my new piece called The Rays That Shattered." I tell her. "Lana, why don't you play happy music?" Allison asks. I don't know what to say, I stop playing for a moment and look at Allison. She had blonde hair that curled at the ends. Her eyes were blue. She looked exactly like her sister Annabel.

Allison was more outgoing and talkative. She was more curious and spoke her mind. She was very sarcastic at times and a little bossy. Annabel was more of the quiet, keep to her self type and looked more of a thinker. She rarely talked and when she did, she was always around Allison. Allison was protective over Annabel. Allison always bragged because she was born three minutes before Annabel. They both were very funny when they were around each other.

Lana was more of the keep to herself type, yet didn't mind talking if asked to. She wasn't shy nor outgoing.

I was about to answer Allison's question but then my Aunt called us to come eat supper. Allison running first to the kitchen, with Annabel running behind her and me last. As we sat at the table and ate, everyone talked about there day and how it was. I sat quietly eating, just as Annabel does while we all listened to Allison ramble on and on about how her day was and so on. My aunt and uncle acted as if they were so intrigued.

As soon as Allison was finished speaking, my Aunt turned towards me. "How was your day?" She asked me, reaching across the table to squeeze my hand. I smiled. "I wrote a new song." I told her. "It was beautiful!" Allison yelled at us. "Well that's great Lana. Allison, I told you no yelling in the house." She said. Allison nodded with a frown. My uncle got up first and then put his dishes in the sink. He then, went outside. Allison and Annabel got up next and ran upstairs into their room, which was next to mine. I got up after and went upstairs to their room.

I entered their room and watched them play with their stuffed animals. I smiled as I leaned against the door frame. Their room was blue on one side which was Annabel's side and pink on the other side which was Allison's side. Their sides of the room looked totally different. Annabel was more of the tomboyish side and Allison was more of the girly girl.

My room was grey and wasn't very special. It had a bed, desk, and a couple of shelves full of books. It wasn't as crowded as the twin's rooms. I sat on the edge of my bed and picked up my phone. I had no messages of course. I barely ever had messages. I dropped my phone back on my bed. I went downstairs in the living room and sat on my piano bench. I had got this piano two years ago for Christmas. Before that I had a keyboard.

I began to play the song I was practicing early. A few minutes into the song, I began to feel like something was choking me. I stopped playing instantly. I tried calling my aunt or my uncle but no words would come out. I began to breathe really heavily and my mouth felt dry. I couldn't swallow. I sat there staring at the piano keys, trying to calm myself. My aunt came into the living room. "Lana why did you stop playing?" She asked.I couldn't answer. "Lana?" she said, with a hint of worry in her voice. "I looked up at her. "Deep breaths, Lana." My aunt said. After ten minutes of this, like every other day I finally fell into a deep sleep like after all panic attacks I had in the past. It exhausted me. I woke to the twins jumping on my bed yelling my name. I looked at the clock. It was 5:30AM. I groaned and pulled the blanket over my head. This was gonna be a long day

An: Hi everyone! Well this is Lana's story. If you have read To Save Lives and remember how Grace had met a friend named Lana well this is Lana's story. This is kind of sort of like To Saves Lives Sequel in a way. Tell me what y'all think. Thanks!