#19: Downpour In A Sunny Day

Hill

The last time she cried, she fainted and Trafalgar had no choice but to bring him with her.

He sat on the grass with his resting his head on the sword. He breathed deeply and placed the sword on the side. She's been standing in the same spot without moving. "Hey", he called to her. He extended his right arm to show how empty the place is and she could cry whenever she wants to. "They're gone now", he said while looking at her back. Seri faced him and saw his arms open. She couldn't contain herself and jumped at him burrowing her face in his chest. She started gripping his polo. Gasping for air, she tried to stop herself from bursting out.

"I was there during the battle of the Marineford. It was a great battle between the Marine and White-beard Alliance -all for the sake of saving the son of the former Pirate King. He didn't die because of the execution. He died in front of his brother who was supposed to save him. Luffy was deeply injured when I tended to him 2 years ago. I didn't think he'll make it", Trafalgar supported himself with his other hand with his right arm still extended.

Seri was slightly pounding her head on Trafalgar's chest. "Are you frustrated that Fire Fist could no longer save you?", Trafalgar asked.

"I shouldn't have said so. There's no possible way of talking about the past without remembering the pain. Luffy-san must have been in pain just trying to convince me of his brother's death", Seri covered her face still kneeling in front of Trafalgar.

"I should have just asked someone else. That would stop me from letting Luffy-san r-".

"Then, how about you?!", Trafalgar roared.

"You kept thinking about him but how about what you are feeling right now?", Trafalgar saw blood coming from her lip. She could have bitten it to stop herself from crying. "When Straw Hat-ya was brought to me, he was in a great shock that stopped his consciousness. After he woke up and was reminded about his brother's death, he never stopped punching the trees in the forest where we landed in. We weren't able to see him though but I know he cried his heart out. Tch, I bet I just wasted my time trying to patch his wounds", Trafalgar pushed Seri's head on his chest using his right hand. He saw a bellflower in the corner of his eye. "Those who grieve are loved", he said with a calm voice.

When she cried at Dressrosa, Trafalgar thought that it was strange for her to let out such loud and childish cries. It's embarrassing for someone her age to be wailing that long. But at the same time, it seems that she was never given the chance to do so.

He flinched as Seri wrapped her arms around Trafalgar's torso. She didn't cry or anything. Trafalgar listened to the grit of her teeth.

He also cried loudly, thrice.

First, when the hospital where he kept her sister was burned.

Second, when the school was burnt into crisp

Third, when Rosinante was killed to save him.

Flashback

Ship- Sealed Room (5 years ago)

The ship stopped by and dropped the anchor as they visit a village in East Blue. The pirate hid behind the ship and saw a small window. He peeked in a saw a young lady reading medicinal books.

"Hey", he startled her.

The white-haired lady turned and look at the source of the sound. She was already tall enough to see what was happening outside. She peeked and fell on her butt when Ace suddenly showed his face. He wasn't also wearing any top.

"What are you doing here?", Seri covered her face. "Wow. White hair, it's quite rare. I thought they kept a grandmother in a suffocating place", Ace commented as he hands on the iron bars surrounding the window. It's small that just two hands of an adult can enter. "I can still breathe. It's not suffocating", she leaned on the wall." That's not what I mean though", the new face adjusted to his comfort. "You don't look like a marine soldier. Leave. If they see you here, they will kill you", Seri informed. "How can such savage word come from a mouth of a young lady like you?", Ace leaned on the wall as well. He stood on the wooden plank as an extension of the ship's back.