#39: Behind His Shadows

Flower Capital- Banquet Hall

"Where did all the bottle go?", Zoro furrowed his brow as he traced who the heavy drinker is. He raised his brow to see a lot near Trafalgar and Seri. "He didn't even drink a drop with me after the battle in Dressrosa", he sighed and grabbed on Killer's drink. Having all the pirates in one place is enough to bring another war. Kinemon is doi g his best to pacify any source of conflict.

"Hiyori-sama. How did you survive? We saw you get killed", Hana asked with all the ladies gathered as well. Hiyori narrated that Denjiro was there to save her on time and Zoro also was her knight and shining armor. "I guess someone can actually get tricked by that no-sense of direction idiot", Nami commented as she and Carrot passed by to get some food.

"I was looking for you. I really want to praise you for being brave to be in the stage floor with all those infected with the virus", Chopper went close to Seri and was startled to see her filling Trafalgar's cuo everytime it goes empty. She seemed thrilled with the fact that her offer is beinf accepted. She was just all smile and no one is talking. Soon, Trafalgar blew the fuse and got knocked off. He tried to stand but fell on the floor. "Captain! Were you poisoned?!", Bepo came to the rescue. Chopper checked on the fellow doctor's pulse. "He's still alive", he announced. "Of course, it will take more than just alcohol to take down Captain", Bepo poked his cheek.

"I don't know what just happened but he just kept drinking when I pour", Seri panicked people are staring at her with the Captain of the Heart's pirate on his lap. "What a lucky bastard", Eustass happened to pass by. "We've prepared a room separately. We wouldn't like to see corpses the next day", Kinemon led the way. 

Guess Room

Kinemon and Bepo assisted in carrying Law to the huge room. "Then, I'll be taking my leave here", the man excused himself. Bepo and Seri looked at each other. The bear tossed his Captain to the lady. "I wanted to have my fill. The captain said we can go all out today!", the white bear ran away. Seri had Law all over her. She sighed as she carried him all throughout, seemingly dragging him to lie down at one of the beddings prepared.

The Captain still holds on to his sword. Seri took it and throw it aside. Seri gasped as she realized that she's even jealous of a piece of blade. "You look different in your new kimono", Trafalgar halfly opened his eyes. "Uhm? Yes, Kinemon-san specifically chose it for me. He said I look good in white and red", the lady felt happy that the man commented about it. "Do I look attractive in it?", Seri innocently asked since Robin and Nami kept praising her. "You do", the man answered right away.

Seri was surprised since she thought Trafalgar would wave the question as he usually does. Liquor does make people buddies. She looked at the man already closing his eyes. "Are you sleepy? It's getting late. I think I'll go as well", the lady was about to stand. "How about you? Are you alright? You've been running here and there taking care of other people", Trafalgar grabbed on her wrist. She felt the warmth of his hands. "I'm fine. I'm perfectly fine", the lady highlighted that there's nothing to worry about. "If you're asking about Ace, I truly accept it now. His lose, his death, his pain, and also his journey, his happiness, his hope, and his existence. There are people I can share his memories with and that is more than enough", Seri held on Trafalgar's hand. "I see", the man covered his eyes with his other arm.

Seri blinked few times trying to figure out what to do with Trafalgar's hand gripping on her wrist. "I was lying when I said I didn't hear any of what Doflamingo said that time", the man turned his head on a different direction away from Seri's. "I was trying to connect the dots and what I have seen in your body. You've been used by the marine as a supply for organs, right?", Trafalgar opened making Seri try to withdraw her hand. The lady turned silent, unable to react.