#12: Permission to live

Ruins of a building

Trafalgar finally found where Sengoku was.

"Just as I thought, you were the one on the phone. You're the one that Cora-san had always talked to", Trafalgar leaned on the rubble and sat down.

"I saw a child crying endlessly in the middle of the village. His mother and father died due to a tragedy. He was raised by the Marines. He's like a son to me. Rosinante's secret mission is to take down Doflamingo but it was delayed for six months because he was trying to help cure a child.  The next thing I knew was of his betrayal", Sengoku eat his rice crackers.

"I am the one who ate the Op-Op fruit. For Cora-san to save me that far. For him to give such affection... I wonder what he needed from me-", Trafalgar was cut off.

"I see. I always wanted to see the reason for his death. I don't know much of what happened next but...", Sengoku stood up and started to walk away.

"Do not find reasons for somebody's love. I'll be watching over what becomes of you. The boy that Rosinante saved. For his sake, let's just keep those memories close to us. If he's alive, I believe he'll just let you live the life you wanted to", Sengoku's words were all the guy needed to hear. A heavy burden was unloaded from his chest. 

"How about you?", Sengoku gave his crackers to the ape he was with. "Let's go home", Seri said while leaning on the wall hidden from Trafalgar's sight. "That place isn't something you can call home", Sengoku went towards her direction and carried her over his shoulder. Without any preparation, he threw her towards Trafalgar. "Sengoku-san, I wasn't trying to escape that day. I fell down from the ship", Seri was pining Trafalgar on the ground. "How is the outside world, Seri?", Sengoku asked. "It's so huge, Sengoku-san. It's much wider than I expected it to be", Seri closed her eyes. "Don't catch a cold, Seri. You were kidnapped by some pirates", Sengoku said without looking back.

"Sengu-", Seri looked back and saw that he was already gone.

"Get off me", Trafalgar grunted. Regardless of how long time it was, he always knew that Rosinante- his Cora-san was truly honest when he smiled and said the words...

I love you.

For some reason, tears fell from Seri's eyes uncontrollably. The warm tears dropped on Trafalgar's cheek. No matter how much she wipes it, the tears would just form one after the other.

I couldn't do anything else, sorry.

She remembered Kuzan's words at Punk Hazard. Before Kuzan gives her a rowboat, he whispered something to her.  She felt like it was the same words that will come out of Sengoku's mouth if he stays a little longer. 

Dock

The pirates are already being pursued. Issho already created a huge ball of rubble to destroy the escape ships. Suddenly, people swarmed over the place to have Issho hesitate to throw the big ball down. He smiled. He couldn't hear any sound of resentment. They're all doing it for the sake of Luffy.

I hope I could have seen you for the last time. What does your face look like?

Tsuru watched from the distance. She also needs to prepare to transport Doflamingo inside the ship. She saw Sengoku walking alone crying like the time that he lost Rosinante, the one whom he raised like a child. She clicked her tongue.

"Idiot", she commented.

Pirate Ship

Trafalgar jumped over with someone on his shoulder. It was an unconscious Seri. "Ahhhh!!! You kidnapped her?!!", Ussop had his eyes widened. "How much do you like to have a cook?", he panicked that the marine won't stop following after them.