#40: On Your Own

Flower Capital

Guests room

Seri woke up with the earthquake. "An enemy attack?!", she went out of the room taking her bow and arrow. She met Zoro on the corridor. "An admiral is attacking Wano but Momonosuke is already dealing with him", Zoro yawned. "We're not going to help?", the lady wobbled since she just woke up. Zoro held on the back of her robe like a cat to assist her to stand steadily. "It's his country and he has to protect it", the moss head had a grin on his face. "Take your hands off my melorine!!!", Sanji tried to kick Zoro but he was able to evade it. 

The lady continued walking and saw Hiyori dressed nicely. "Kom..Hiyori-san. Good morning", she greeted. "Oh my, you seemed to forget to wear your outer garments", the lady just went closer to hug her. Sanji had nosebleed as the lady verbalized it. Seri flushed as she realized that she was just wearing a thin clothing. Hiyori's tall frame hid her from the sight of the men. 

Garden

The vegetables are now starting to grow better thanks to Ussop's fertilizers and seeds that he got from Sunny Go. 

Then, with 8,000 followers. I was able to become a god. 

He told stories to the youngsters. Seri clapped her hand as soon as he finished his story. "What kind of idiotic story are you putting in those children's mind?", Nami crossed her arms. Chopper rode on Seri's shoulder. "Franky said that he will be able to make reparations for Sunny go until tomorrow . That means we will be setting off so soon. Luffy said that we should not tell Momonosuke about it", Chopper said with a sad tone. 

"Would you like to stay longer?", Seri asked. "Luffy is the kind of guy who would not settle anywhere. Anytime soon, he will be thirsty for another adventure", Nami sighed as she needed to be reminded that they will face more crazier path from now on. "How is Trafalgar? He was really drunk yesterday", Chopper recalled. "We talked for sometime then he just slept", the lady answered. "He didn't do anything to you?!", Nami was startled. She was rather surprised that Trafalgar could still maintain his sanity after all those bottle of liquor, not to mention that he was with such beauty last night. Nami flushed and shove off the thought. 

Hut- Outside the Flower Capital

Trafalgar lies down with his hands as pillow. He stared at the blue sky. An orange dropped on his stomach. "What do you want?", he said with an annoyed voice. "I haven't thank you still for saving me and Hana. By the way, you'll be leaving tomorrow?", the lad sat on the side. "We're still pirates and it's not our business to be cozy with civilians", trafalgar sat and peeled the orange. "I'll make sure to use what you have taught me", Shino raised his sleeves to show off his muscles which Trafalgar just ignored. 

"You're not that impressed?! Hana would always clap when she sees it", Shino felt downhearted. "What am I? A girl?", the man clicked his tongue and throw the other half of the orange to Shino. "What's your next stop?", the lad asked while stuffing the fruit inside his mouth. Trafalgar looked at him as if wagging his tail. He just accidentally made an apprentice of some kind. "I'm going to look for the meaning of my ill-fated destiny", Trafalgar answered to shut Shino from asking more question. "Destiny, eh? You're kind of romantic, aren't you", the other man teased making him receive glare from the Surgeon of the death. "You want to be cut open?", he reached his limit. 

He saw Robin approaching at a distance. She is with the masked man. "I think I have to go now. Make sure to take good care of Serima as well. She's a rare treasure", Shino bowed and left. "You seems to be having fun", the woman commented. "Follow me", the old man led the way towards a secret entrance. 

Entrance to Old Wano

To their surprise, there is a lady practicing not far from them. She have her eyes close but was able to pin a leaf on the tree bark with a thin arrow. She lowered the bow as soon as she heard footsteps. She turned and was frozen to see that she has audience. "I came here to clear my mind", she waved her hand hoping she's not acting suspiciously. 

"We're opening a secret passage. Do you want to come along?", Robin offered. The old man pressed into a rock and an underground stairs appeared. Seri saw how dark it was and gulped. "I'll stay here and wait. You don't want any uninvited guest, right?", she gave a smile. Trafalgar offered his hand. The last time they went down a stairs, he pushed her. The lady gulped and looked at Robin smiling. 

She reached out and they started to go down. They were amazed with the sight of a whole country submerged in water. Seri's mind cannot contain whatever they were talking about but the warmth of Trafalgar's hand allowed her to keep calm in a place that has high possibility of drowning them. "Sea monsters can appear anytime", Robin seemed to read what she was thinking. Seri flinched and cowered. "If there would be one, then you should capture it since your captain loves meat", Trafalgar sighed. 

They reached a place where a red poneglyph. It was the second time that Seri saw such huge box with red color. She tightened her grip on Trafalgar's hand. "It's not a box bathe in blood. You don't have to worry about the color", the man assured. Seri nodded and followed them deeper. Trafalgar pressed his other hand on the poneglyph. "I still...want to know the reason behind this checkered life, Cora-san", he said with soft voice that only Seri could hear. 

"We'll be going ahead", Robin signalled the old man and he seemed to pick up. After sometime, the two of them were left. Seri watched how serious this quest will be for Trafalgar. She slowly withdrawn her hand and also held on the poneglyph. "Oh!", she exclaimed. "What?! Did you see something?", Trafalgar was also surprised with her reaction. "How I wish I could also read like Robin-san but I can't", Seri laughed at the man's reaction. "What? Are you trying to make fun of me?", Trafalgar clicked his tongue. "This is what matters to you this time, right? Law-san", the lady turned her stares to the man. "Are you worried that I wouldn't fulfill my promise?", he furrowed his brow. 

"So, let me tag along. I'm doing my best to be of help. I can at least swim and can save you if you suddenly were thrown in the water. I can cook and knows about medicine", the lady raised her hand as if pledging. "Like, I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine", the lady said it with such innocence in her face. "How can I take you seriously?", Trafalgar face-palmed. 

"Then, it's time for us to go back", she led the way back. She seemed to gather back her courage and was the one to offer her hand. "What am I suppose to do with that?", Trafalgar said with a straight face. Seri was embarrassed and a visible flush can be seen. She was about to place her hand back to her side. Trafalgar shook it. "Then, welcome to my crew", he took it as a handshake. It calmed Seri who just laughed and accepted it as is. 

Until the time that she got her body fixed, until the time that she gets her heart beating like how a normal person would, she promised that it would be the time that she will tell Trafalgar about what she truly feels. She believes that the journey will be a lot of chances to do so. "Captain!!! Bepo is having stomachache!", the two can hear the other pirates shouting from the entrance. "If you won't be able to catch up,I'll close the entrance", Trafalgar passed her. Seri felt cold on her spine and grabbed on his arm. The man smirked and continued walking with Seri hanging into his arm as if hanging to dear life. 

"You're such a tease! Captain", Seri squinted her eyes. Trafalgar laughed as he hears her address him in such a way.

Chapter end.