#16: Sacrifice for a Secret

Zou- Morning

Town Area 

Seri saw Ussop, Nami, Brook, and Chopper. She was about to run towards them when they suddenly disappeared. They seemed like panicking over something after the bell rang continuously. A group of feline and dog family minks is gathered with a tight atmosphere around them. She hid behind the wall. 

Bepo drew her a map that will lead back to the town. Trafalgar promised to follow afterward. Also, a message was passed to all the minks that she was harmless. Even without notice, it's clear that the innocent-looking lady cannot even lift a finger over an ant.

Kinemon and Kanjuro showed themselves. It was then revealed that the minks have been loyal comrades of Wano kingdom. The samurais looked at Dogstorm and Cat Viper who lost one of their limbs. The whole town was also blown away and destroyed into ruins. "Don't worry, Kinemon-dono, Kanjuro-dono, Raizo-dono is in good hands", they assured. For the exchange of one person, two of them lost one of their limbs and the whole place is trashed.

"You could have lost your lives!!!", Ussop cried due to the crazy loyalty the people have to Kozuki Family as their ally. Nami followed crying as well as Franky. "It's Supppperrr touching!", Franky commented.

Behind the wall, Seri listened and decided not to show herself for a while. She looked forward and saw a burnt hat, probably from a young mink. She picked it up by kneeling down.

Flashback 14 years ago

Village Below the Holy Land (Marygeoise)

Forest

The young child, with her white bear held in her right hand, walked in the hidden forest. It set a boundary between the common people and the Celestial Dragons. She asked if she could tag along with his father during one of his herb hunting. She lost him after following a rabbit in the forest. She didn't cry even with the fact that she was lost and couldn't find her way back.

A few meters away, she could see some smoke. The young child peeked and saw villagers working on the farm. The field was filled with healthy-looking vegetables which they supply to the Celestial Dragons as payment for living near the boundary. Seri saw a child grabbing a carrot from the ground. Without even washing or cooking it, he bit on it. A soldier from the Holy Land saw it and whipped him with a rope. "Get lost! Low life. That's not food for a commoner like you to eat".

Looking at all of them, there's a collar wrapped around their neck.

The night fell on them.

The young girl stayed behind the bushes. The next morning, his father might come to the village and ask if they saw her. Her stomach rumbled filling the silent village. It was easy to figure out where she is. Soon, a lamp was getting closer to where she is. It was the young boy who tried to eat the carrot. "Are you lost? I'm Keanne from the village. It's dangerous to stay here at night. There is a beast that lurks during the night", the young boy slightly older than her offered his hand.

So, for the first time...I tried to take the hand that reached out for me.

House of a Villager

Keanne, the young boy, brought a stranger into their family.

Much to his parent's surprise, it's not just a normal child. "Keanne, return her where you saw her at once. We cannot let the soldiers see her in our house", the father was horrified.

"I'm afraid you have to obey what your father said", his mother seconded. "But she'll be eaten by the wolves", Keanne protested and held her hand tightly. The couple looked at each other. "We'll let her stay for the night but lead her outside before the sun even rises to the sky", his mother patted his head.