#10: A Birdcage

The rooftop of a Building
Somewhere in Dressrosa

The Birdcage that Doflamingo created is slowly moving to the center.

People are screaming. 

People are losing hope.

But... Some people just don't know how to give up.

Doflamingo wasn't known just because of his luxurious living. He is also feared by the World Government because of his strength. Because they fear him, they would allow him to get away with his sins.

Once he beat everyone else, he might bring her back to the Navy or use it for his own benefit.

The cycle will once again...

"Doflamingo!", Seri panted as she gained consciousness and sat straight.

Trafalgar was the only one left. Violeta and Rebecca went off somewhere.

"It's already done", Trafalgar informed while lying on the floor looking at the blue sky.

"Did... Luffy-san... Win?", Seri stuttered.

"Uhm", Trafalgar nodded.

Seri looked at Trafalgar badly broken and beaten. She averted her eyes. She heard about a beautiful place in the North. Everything is white and everyone is living a satisfactory life. The World government hid the truth about the poison from the lead to benefit from it. "How did you survive Flevance? I heard it was erased from the map like Ohara", Seri gripped her dress. "I hid under corpses", he answered right away. 

"I would often light candles and incenses for a certain Navy. In his picture, he has that big grin on his face. He was said to be a spy of a pirate group with a notorious boss. Their family was fallen Celestial Dragons but it is something that the head of the family chose for their own. The two brothers who survive lived totally different life. The other one seeks to destroy everything and to see the suffering of others while the other one wants to salvage anything he could. They are two people who went through the same pain and yet they ended up on different pathways. Rosinante-san, also known as Corazon's smiling face in the picture lifts me up", Seri smiled as she ended.

"According to the stories, he was taken by the Navy after being tortured by the villagers in their place. He grew up to be a fine person who had soft spot for children. In his missions, he would often bring with him abandoned children. I guess that's why when he saw a certain child with an incurable disease, he even betrayed the Navy and went on his own way", Seri narrated while bracing herself.

"I heard that he was trying to save a child with no cure. I hope that child turns out to be a good person", Seri stood up.

"I hoped so", Trafalgar covered his face.

"You are", Seri stood up. 

After sometime...

The casts are gathered on the rooftop. "It's over", Rebecca cried and looked at her grandfather. The long lie had been clarified and so they fought for their freedom. It's not just the work of one person but the whole Dressrosa crying out for their freedom.

"It's time to catch the Straw Hats", they heard from a distance.

Seri stood up. "This time, I want to give my farewell properly but Luffy is still unconscious", Seri went close to him and bowed.

"Thank you, Luffy-san", Seri smiled.

But, I can't.

Think of what you can do now. For the rest, leave it to us.