24

Work has been awkward when I'm put on a case with Amanda or Tyler. I ignore Savannah as usual unless we need to go over a case with each other. If it's not work related I don't exchange a word with her.

When I have to work with Amanda I want to burst. It's hard keeping a secret and watching her still look at Tyler as if he is innocent. His guilty eyes will find mine and I have to pull myself together and walk away before slapping him. He's tried to pull me aside when we walk past each other but I push him away every single time. There is nothing he can say to excuse himself for hurting Amanda. She is clueless but when she knows the truth it will break her heart. She's had her eyes set on him since day one and fell so fast. Gigi has convinced me we should wait until my house warming party to tell Amanda about Tyler and Savannah.

My house warming party. It's exciting every time I say it. Searching for a new place was hell but with a little help from Buck I have found the cutest house that surprisingly isn't crazy expensive being that it's in Los Angeles. The realtor, who is a friend of Athena's and a great sales person, told me how lucky I am to have found such a neat place at its price because they're expected to go up in the upcoming years. I had to use some of my savings but it was worth it. Plus I saved up for years while in high school and college and I never had a money problem. I kept up with my bills and knew how to manage my finances.

I fell in love with the cute bungalow at first sight and knew it had to be mine. It had two bedrooms which wasn't what I was looking for but now I could have a spare for when my mom and dad visit which will be soon with my birthday coming up. Those are details I have yet to tell Evan. He has no idea I'm an August baby or that my parents will be here but I'm not big on birthdays. My parents, however, it's nerve wrecking thinking about introducing them to Evan. They have only ever met one guy and that was Dylan. My stepdad wasn't a big fan of him and I never understood why in the beginning. I was blinded by his charm. My mother is too sweet to tell me she doesn't approve of someone and only wants me to be happy.

I steal a glance over to Buck who was concentrated on a spot on the wall. He took the paintbrush and glided it down, then up and back down. He kept on until there was no white left to see. I pray my parents love him as much as I do and they're honest about it.

"Babe you got some paint on your nose" I chuckle. Buck gives me a huh before bringing his thumb across the bridge of his nose which had lilac paint on it.

"Oh my god you're a mess" I put my tools down and walk over to him. "Come here" I wait for him to lower his head so I can actually reach his face. I pull a cloth out from my pocket and gently wipe away the paint from his nose. He laughs at himself for getting more paint on his face.

"Man, painting is therapeutic but also so much work" he says.

"You're doing a great job. I probably would've gave up after the first walk and it still needs like two more coats." We've been painting my room all morning. I didn't want any color in here but both Gigi and Evan forced me to add some life into this house. They suggested the guest room to be painted a very light blue color. I think it'll be okay left with a beige color which they said was boring. I can never win with those two.

"Gigi is coming over later to help with the guest room. I don't know how I would've done this without you two... honestly this house would've probably looked like a disaster for a few months before I decided to do anything to it."

"We know" Evan says.
"Heyyyy" I pout up at him. He kisses my forehead making my face light up.

"So, the party. When are you planning it for?" Evan resumes his painting, his tongue slightly sticking out. This man is taking this too seriously but I love how he wants to make sure my room comes out perfect. We're not professional painters but so far I think we've done a great job.