7.

Before I left Siesta Key to pursue my dreams, I told myself I will remain focused. No distractions. No guys. Not until I get to where I want to be with my life. But nothing really goes to plan.

There has been talk around the hospital about Victor and I since the night of the gala. "He hasn't been out with a woman in years." "We've never seen him act that way not even with any of the other attendings." "Russell was smiling and laughing more that night than he ever has during his time here at Griffith."

People wouldn't shut up or quit staring at me when I'd walk into a room, the cafe, an O.R. Anywhere in this damn hospital. It was all whispers and small glances when I step foot into work. This is not what I need during my first year. Soon, people will start going as far as believing I'm giving him sex in exchange for special treatment at the hospital. The girls have asked me nonstop if I see myself being with Victor. What a crazy question. I will not be that intern who dates their attending or sleeps with them even. I will not like one of the interns, no name required.

Thankfully Victor has been ignoring the rumors and has not been awkward towards me. He of course is still the same Russell with his obnoxious yells and demanding ways. Strict about everything. But I wouldn't want it other way. If he weren't that Russell after the Gala I'd be concerned. What I think has people talking is how Russell sometimes will invite me to have lunch or bring me coffee when we work the same shift. In my opinion it doesn't mean anything. Friends get each other coffee and lunch. There doesn't have to be a deeper meaning behind it but people love seeing what isn't there. I on the other hand refuse to think too much into it. There have been times I find myself thinking I'm developing a crush on Victor but I immediately reject that idea.

Besides the rumors about me, Savannah has been annoying for the past three weeks not once shutting up about Buck. I guess they're now seeing each other now. He's even showed up to the hospital to bring her lunch. The vile climbs up my throat as I watch him grab her around the waist and pretend to be the slightest interested in her. It's obvious it's all an act. At least you hope it's an act because you can't deal with it being real.

I sometimes catch him searching the room when he's with her, as if he were searching for someone. When his eyes do find me, he smirks. My eyes never fail to meet the back of my eyelids as I roll them at him.

To my surprise I haven't see him at all today which makes me wonder if Savannah is working.

"Hey" Gigi sneaks up behind me.
"What's up?" I don't look up from my paperwork. Recently I've been very interested in researching wireless brain sensors. A patient came in a few days ago with a traumatic brain injury. There's been word about a device that can be placed on the brain during surgery that will be able to monitor the brain with wireless communication. It can potentially help us detect any bigger issues and do something about it before it causes more issues. Then, instead of removing the device it will dissolve within the body which will save us from having to perform multiple surgeries to remove the implant.

"What are you up to?" She peeks over my shoulder. I wave her away.

"Research..." I mutter hoping she will let me read. Love her to death but I hate being interrupted while I'm doing research.

"I hate to bother you..." here we go.
"But, we just got a patient in. Young male, 27, lost a lot of blood. Refusing any treatment"

She has my attention now. A stubborn patient. Those are always fun.

"We want to run some tests and scans, make sure he's okay and there's no internal injuries. There was a pretty bad wreck on the interstate not too long ago. He was found passed out at the scene. He's a bit scratched up. I thought maybe you could take this one. Please?" She pouts her lips. "I was assigned to work with Dr. Harrison today. He's in a meeting right now he told me to page him if anything." I neatly stack all my paperwork and place them inside my binder.