32.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Fuuuuuuck" I groan as I slam my hand too hard on my night stand looking for my phone to shut my alarm off. Instead, my phone falls and disappears underneath my bed, the aggravating alarm tone still blaring. Why do I always leave my volume at the highest?

Half my body is hanging off my bed as I dig under my bed. I hold my weight up as I lower my head to better find my phone. Thankfully it didn't go far. I reach for the small device, immediately quieting my alarm. I gently throw my head back on my pillow. My hand reaches out to the empty spot next to me.

Another day without him. I slowly close my eyes and whisper to myself, "you're going to be okay."

I rush to get ready for work. I have no motivation to spend much time on my makeup or hair but being the way I am, it has to be one or the other so... hair or makeup?

Fuck the makeup. The hair has to at least look decent. I brush my fingers across my face as I carefully examine my skin. I feel a wave of accomplishment for managing to keep my skin healthy.

After curling the last piece of straight hair, I do a poor job of leaving my bathroom neat. It can be fixed when I get off, I try to tell myself. Maybe.

I take a minute to debate if I should make breakfast or pick some up on the way. When I see how much time I have left to get to work, I decide on Starbucks.

"Siri, call Gigi"

She picks up on the second ring.

"Hello?"
"Hey I'm stopping at Starbucks, do you want anything?"

I hear a sigh of relief. "Thank god, I was hoping I didn't have to go today. I'll take a double smoked bacon and a Grande iced caramel macchiato, upside down and extra caramel please and thank you!"

"Okay, I'm leaving now"
"Drive safe"
"Ehhh maybe, I'll see you soon!" I hang up the call, grab my keys and rush out my front door.

*************************************************

"Right on the dot!" Gigi sticks her tongue out as she rushes to take her drink and sandwich out of my hands.

"L.A traffic is hell!" I say in frustration. One thing I have not nor will I ever get used to is the traffic here. I thought people from Florida couldn't drive but L.A has us beat and the traffic is ten times worse.

"Good morning ladies" Dianne greets us as we walk in.

"Hello Dianne" we say in unison.
"Why can't everyone at the front desk be like Dianne?" I whisper to Gigi.
"I know right? She's the sweetest person to walk this earth I swear. We need more people like her."

Gigi and I try to get ready for the day ahead of us. I only eat half of my ham and cheese croissant before putting the other half inside my locker. My gut is telling me it's best to save some because today is going to be a day. Cant tell if it's good or bad yet but I can feel it. I take one long last sip of my vanilla latte.

"Drinking all that sugar before your shift Stella?" Who other than Savannah to start my shift off the right way. I exhale through my teeth. Play nice.

"Morning Savannah. How are you doing?"
"Aww, you care about me? Is it because I'm carrying your boyfriends baby?" She pouts but replaces it with a flashy smile. God how does she do it? Is her life that miserable she must make mine miserable as well?

"Seriously? Look we all know you're lying to her under Stella's skin but please, do you think Buck will ever try to put a baby in you? Even on purpose?"