43.

"Wow." Gigi gasped as we walked into the spacious ballroom of Le Grand Palace. The entire space was decorated in pastel blues and pinks. At the farthest wall from the entrance stood a balloon arch and a long table occupied by towers of delicious sweets; cake pops, cupcakes, cookies, and other pastries.

Both sides of the room was set up with eight round tables, each one with a gorgeous centerpiece of white tulips in the center.

I can feel my chest tighten as a scenario crosses my mind. One of the future, something that could've been. A baby shower for me... and Buck. I suck in a deep breathe.

"Hey, are you okay?" Victor leans into me and whispers.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I lie, not looking at him when I answer but I can feel his eyes lingering on me for a moment more before he looks around the room.

"Can we sit at that table?" I ask, pointing to the table farthest away from where all the sweets and cake were where I assume they'll stand for the reveal. Almost every table was full of strangers but the one right by the entrance was empty and that is where I wished to sit. Far away.

"Yes, of course" Gigi says. She grabs my hand in hers and leads the way to the round table. Gig sits to my left and Victor to my right. I adjust my dress before I sit down so it doesn't move up and reveal too much.

Victor leans into me again, whispering for only the both of us to hear but I almost miss his words as my eyes land on a pair of familiar eyes. Everything goes still and quiet as I look into those beautiful eyes the color of the ocean.

His eyes flash with a trace of an emotion, I'm not sure what. His gaze shifts to my right and a muscle moves in his jaw. I can't pull my eyes away from him, it's as if suddenly everything around us just stopped and it was just me and him. No one else. I hold his gaze as I place a hand over the necklace he gave me and I hope he can read the emotion in my eyes as they plead for him to remember.

I know you didn't forget me. Your mind may have but your soul...it knows me.

Then, he turns his head back to her. To Savannah, who is in full conversation with an elderly couple. Her grandparents maybe?

"Stella?" Victor takes my hand and gives it a squeeze. I look toward his direction for just a moment longer before looking to Victor, his warm brown eyes filled with concern.

"We don't have to stay here the whole time. Whenever you want to leave, we will. Okay?" He brushes his thumb over my hand in a lovable way. Sadness washes over me as I realize the feelings he still has for me. And I know, despite what he me say about being okay with just being my friend, I know a part of him wishes I could return the emotions. I do care for him. I've grown to care for him but the other emotion...it's for someone else.

I nod my head, giving him the warmest smile to hide the pain I'm actually feeling inside.

"Oh wonderful, you guys are here!"

We all turn our heads to see Maddie along with everyone from the station. Even Athen joined them but she doesn't look too thrilled as she stands by Bobby's side. It's evident in her face she wishes she were anywhere else but here but they're all her for one reason only. For him. He may not have his memories back but they are his family and no matter what I know they will always be there for him.

I feel Gigi shift to me and it doesn't take me long to realize it. I catch Eddie glances behind me, his lips turned up to one side.

"Hey!! You all look so great" I stand up from my chair and give the first hug to Maddie before going around and greeting everyone else. Victor shakes all of their hands, seeming a bit awkward as he gets to Eddie.