23.

The past five days with Buck have been absolutely blissful but my mini vacation has come to an end and I can resume normal life at the hospital. Everything felt right but it feels good to be back at work. I've missed learning. I've missed the good and the bad patients. I've missed the smell of the hospital. My cheeks were hurting from how much I was smiling as I walked through those front doors. It's as if the universe decided to give me a break and all was going well. But for how long.

"It's good to have you back sweetheart, we've missed you around here" Nurse Dianne is the first to welcome me back to work and I couldn't be happier.

"Awww Dianne. I've missed you the most" I breathe in the scent of her lavender perfume as she hugs me tightly. I can feel her laugh against me.

"You've always been my favorite, but don't tell the others" Dianne winks and I seal my lips and pretend to throw away the key. I search around the front desk. It feels like forever since I've stepped foot in here. I'm not sure what I would have done if Dr. Harrison made me stay out of work for a month. Probably would've lost my sanity.

"Do you know if Dr. Harrison is in yet by any chance?" I tap my fingers anxiously on the counter. I don't know why I suddenly got nervous. Dianne shook her head.

"Not sure honey, uh yes what can I do for you?" Our conversation is cut short by an elderly man asking to see his wife. I give Dianne a warm smile before walking away to let her deal with the gentlemen.

"Come in" Dr. Harrison's voice sounds from inside his office. I step in slowly and stand by his door.

"Moore. Welcome back" he stays behind his desk shuffling paperwork.

"It feels good to be back"
"Did you need anything from me or?" His eyes don't look up from his papers. I hesitate before answering. I'm not sure why I came here in the first place.

"Umm I uh, no actually. Just wanted to make sure everything was clear. That I was-"

"You're good Moore. Take it easy on yourself. Dr. Russell should be around. He'll let you know where he needs you."

I open my mouth but close it. Dr. Harrison doesn't notice I'm still standing by the door.

"Thank you Dr. Harrison" the door closes behind me. Why do I feel weird?

I breathe out and head to the locker room. Before I could make it to the locker room I am running into a petite body.

"Ow" Savannah rubs the side of her head. Her coat was inside out. I don't know if I should roll my eyes and walk away or point out that she's wearing her coat the wrong way then walk away.

"Oh, it's you..." she clearly sounds excited to see me. I return the energy. A smile flashes across her face and it makes me feel uneasy.

"Well

"Well. Glad to have you back. Hope you're okay."
"Yeah... sure thanks."

We look at each other for a few seconds before she walks past me in the other direction. Savannah had to be the first person I see on my first day back of course. I was about to head to the locker room, again, when Tyler comes out the on call room, hair all over the place and he's adjusting his pants. My heart sinks. Tyler's face goes red.