57.

"Iced matcha latte for Stella!"

The barista hands me my drink as I approach the counter, her warm brown eyes meeting mine. "Have a beautiful day!"

"Thank you so much. You too!" I return the smile before walking back to where Gigi sat waiting for me. Her eyes were glued to her phone, a smile playing at her lips. She was blushing, hard.

"What's his name?" Her head shot up as I sat across from her. Gigi quickly put her phone face down on the table, reaching for her iced macchiato as she kept her eyes on me. The widest grin appeared on her face.

"It's...well" her head tilted to the side as she hesitated for a moment, as if she were debating whether to tell me or not.

"G! Are you seriously not going to tell me who has you blushing that way?"

"Of course I am! I'm just teasing!" She leans in closer to me, her eyes quickly scanning the area to make sure no one was listening in. I was confident nobody was.

This place was buzzing with conversation as people came to see what the hype was all about. All everyone has been talking about for the past week is Miss Rosey, the new coffee shop of downtown LA. It's as if our city were running low on trendy coffee shops. The entire building was painted a blush pink and flowers covered almost every inch of the shop. At the entrance was a grass wall with a neon sign that hung above a velvet hot pink couch that read "Coffee first, talk later!" A group of college girls took up the area as they took a million pictures on the couch, holding up their drinks.

"I've been texting Eddie"
"What!?" My mouth fell wide open. I knew Eddie had a crush on Gigi, it was obvious. And I know my best friend too well to know she has had her eyes set on him since the night they met. So I shouldn't be surprised to learn they have been talking. "How long?" I ask, bringing my drink up to my lips.

"Two weeks now." Her cheeks flush a deep red. "Stella...I don't remember the last time I felt this way when talking to someone. He makes me feel like I'm 16 again."

Warmth fills my chest. Gigi has had her fair share of failed relationships this past year, and all I pray for is that my best friend find love. Genuine love and for her to only experience happiness.

"You look happy" I say.
"I am" she reaches for my hands and squeezes them. "I was starting to believe good men didn't exist anymore but man...Eddie is a MAN!" Gigi fans herself as if her thoughts were becoming too heated for her. We both burst out in laughter.

"So I'm assuming he is definitely coming tomorrow night to your Halloween party?"

"Oh absolutely! He won't tell me what he's dressing up as but I hope it involves him being shirtless"

"G" I cover my face with hands, shaking my head but also laughing. "Anyways, is he bringing my favorite boy?"

"Duh! I wouldn't invite him and not expect him to bring that cuteness to the party!"

"Then he most definitely will be clothed."
"Maybe not for the after party" she shrugs. I raise a brow. I wasn't aware there was going to be an after party for the party?

"What after party?"
"The one after everyone leaves and it's just me and him." She takes a sip of her macchiato to hide her smirk but her eyes give it away.

"Gianne Nicole Gomez!" This may have been the first time I have ever said Gigi's full name. She almost spit her drink out as she tried to hold in her laugh.

"Maybe you and Buck can babysit..." She said jokingly but we both knew she really wasn't.

"Okay enough talk about my boyfriends best friend" I chuckle, "what are we going to do for Amanda's birthday next week?"

Gigi thought for a moment, her brows knitting in concentration. "She's been talking about wanting to go to New York lately. Maybe we can surprise her with a weekend to the city?"

A girls weekend getaway in the city. "I'm in. We need to talk to Mazzey and see if she's down to come too"

"Lord knows we could use a getaway." I nodded my head in agreement. A getaway from LA was overdue. I thought about my mom back in Florida. These past few weeks have been extremely hard that it has made me feel a little homesick. Maybe after our internship is over and I've passed my exam I can take a trip to Siesta before starting my residency.

"Quite a few" I say. I feel a small vibration in the back pocket of my jeans. It must be Evan. When the screen lights up, an unsaved number flashes in the notifications center.

Meet me at Tyler's old apartment tomorrow. Midnight.

What the hell?

"Is everything okay?" Gigi asks. Before I could answer her, another message pops up.

Don't tell anyone. If you do, I'll make sure you regret it.

My heart pounded violently in my chest as I read the message over again. Who the hell is this? And why were they asking to meet at Tyler's old apartment?

"Stel? Hello?" Gigi waves a hand in front of me. I slowly bring my gaze up to hers. Concern took over her features when I still didn't say anything.

"You're scaring me Stel. Is everything okay?"

I nod my head slowly, putting my phone back in my pocket before lying to my best friend. Someone very dear to me who I love.

"Yeah, everything is fine. Someone had the wrong number"