6.

There are more people at the Gala than I expected there to be but I'm glad at the outcome. Gigi, Mazzey and I all step out of my white Audi. I smooth out my dress. Thankfully Gigi and I were able to find last minute gala dresses because if I hadn't found this elegant yet simple creme silk dress then I wouldn't have showed up at all. Dr. Russell would've taken it as me blowing him off which would've led to me trying to explain to him it was not my intention. Then maybe things would've been weird at work. It's not a date I remind myself so no reason for that happening.

"Do you think Amanda and Tyler are inside already?" Mazzey asks. She pulls out a small mirror from her purse and touches up on her makeup. I admire the dark shade on her lips. Most females can't pull off a black lipstick but Mazzey sure as hell can any day of the week. I envy her for that.

"Only one way to find out" I answer. Plans changed when Amanda said Tyler would be picking her up from her apartment. Mazzey said she'd love to ride with us so we picked her up on the way.

I take a good look at all of us and admire how amazing we look. Gigi in her hot pink dress, it's a one shoulder with a slit up her thigh revealing some skin. Mazzey is in her favorite color: black. Her dress has ruffles towards the end and her sleeves hang off her arms. We all smile at each other as we walk arm in arm making it inside the hospital.

A few heads turn as we make our entrance. Immediately I spot Dr. Russell by a table talking to the chief of surgery, Dr. Harrison. Russell looks extremely handsome tonight. I've always loved a man in a nice suit and he can definitely rock one. I tell myself I shouldn't be saying these things but at the same time it's not a bad thing to compliment someone you work with.

I'm glad he doesn't notice me first. I plan on having a drink or two with my girls before I go off to Russell. I'd be more relaxed with alcohol in my system. Amanda spots us and waves her arms to grab our attention.

"Wow you ladies look stunning!!" Amanda has her arms open for hugs. Mazzey gets the first hug then me and Gigi last.

"Girl your curves in this dress! Tyler must be drooling" Gigi compliments Amanda's dress. The dress does show her hourglass body and she looks phenomenal. Red is her color. It's sexy and playful. Amanda comes off as the innocent one of the group but I know she has that wild side to her. We just have to find a way for it to come out and play.

"Thank you!" Amanda blushes. "Tyler and I have been hitting it off so well guys. I think I'm really falling for him" she gushes. Mazzey lets out a soft aww.

"Tyler needs to hurry up and make you his lady!"

"Hopefully Savannah doesn't try ruining that. She wants every girls man" I comment. This earns me a weary look from Amanda. I shouldn't have said that.

"Hey, I'll fight her if she dares make a move on him" I add. Next time I should leave Savannah's name out of the conversation, it was stupid of me to mention her.

"Me too" Gigi chimes.
"And me three" says Mazzey.

Amanda gives us her best smile. I hate how low her confidence is sometimes because of Savannah. It makes me want to drag her down some stairs. Tyler would be an idiot to ever chose Savannah over Amanda. She is the right girl for him. But sometimes men don't know what or who is good for them.

"I love you girls" her voice is soft and for a moment I'm scared she's going to tear up. Amanda is also the most  sensitive one out of us and will cry over anything. But she has such a big heart and I adore her for it. It sounds silly but I have this urge to protect Amanda from the harshness of some people in this world. She's too kind for it.

"Moore." That husky voice sends chills all over my body. Usually it's doesn't have an effect on me but tonight it does. He's standing behind Amanda who spins around giving him a shy smile before going to stand next to me.