Chapter 26

I wake up cozy and warm in Lucas' arms. Our bodies fit perfectly together. His head is in the crook of my neck. I can tell by his light breathing that he's sleeping. His breath fanning my neck, giving me goose bumps. His morning wood is poking into me, and I'm not complaining. I push into him, not being able to resist.

He hums in appreciation. "Good morning." He says groggily. He gives me a kiss on my check and rolls on his back to stretch.

I turn over to face him. He likes to sleep shirtless, and I'm not complaining.

He checks his phone.

"So, Mitch and Becky want to go out tonight." He looks at me, "they want us to join, what do you think?"

I place my head on his chest. "Sure."

"It's Halloween weekend." He adds.

That means crowded bars, which I'm not looking forward to, but it will be fun.

"We'll need costumes." He says while rubbing my back.

I can hear his heart beating fast.

"I hadn't even thought about that." I say oblivious.

"We could do a couples costume." He says nervously.

I turn my head to look up at him, my chin now on his chest. "I don't know, couples costumes are supposed to be for couples." I say teasing him.

October is almost over and Lucas still hasn't officially asked me to be his girlfriend. I mean I know we're together, so does everyone else. But the label of boyfriend and girlfriend has yet to be established.

The past month and half we have been going on dates, having a few sleep overs filled with pillow talks and kissing as much as we can.

"Have I not asked you to be my girlfriend yet?" He teases back.

I bite my lip trying to hide my smile.

"Lorraine," he says anxiously, "will you be my girlfriend?"

I pop up. "Yes!" I say probably a little too excited. "Took you long enough!" I poke fun at him.

"I was nervous." He said honestly.

"Why?" I asked surprised.

"Because what if I asked and you said no?" He says honestly.

I try not to laugh. "Considering everything we've been doing, I think it was safe to say, I would have happily agreed to be your girlfriend."

"We both have had bad relationships in the past." He confesses. "I don't want you to regret this." He says vulnerably.

I climb on top of him. My hands cupping both of his cheeks, "I would never regret this." I say with full honestly.

I place a soft kiss on his lips. I pull away, but Lucas grabs me and brings me back to him.

He gives me one of his amazing kisses, but pulls away, leaving me unsatisfied. Jerk.