Chapter 11

After everything with Logan, I blocked his number and did my best to erase him from my mind. The past few days, I've made sure to surround myself with people who care.

Yesterday, Cody and I spent the day furniture shopping and then had family dinner with my parents, followed by another movie night with Cody and Colton. Cody fell asleep twenty minutes into the movie, leaving Colton and I alone. We ended up talking late into the night.

Caroline and Kristina came into town this morning. We agreed on a girl's day before the party tomorrow night. They know how much I loathe shopping, but they basically forced me to be here combing through the racks in yet another store. I'm not sure what I'm even looking for.

"You really can't find anything you like?" Caroline asks, carrying shopping bags from the previous stores.

I roll my shoulders, needing to get rid of the tension from a day of shopping. "I don't need anything."

"That doesn't mean you can't buy something for fun. I'll help!" Kristina starts grabbing as much as she can carry in her arms. "You're going to look gorgeous tomorrow," she says over her shoulder, leading us toward the fitting rooms.

My hair is a static mess, getting worse with every outfit I try on. I smooth it out with my hands, which helps, but now my hair looks lifeless and dull.

"Girls, what do you think of me getting a haircut?"

----------

Kristina runs the straightener through my hair, flattening out the wispy flyaways, making it shiny and smooth. My hair doesn't take long to do now that it's thirteen inches shorter. I love my new look, the medium length bob, lands just above my shoulders, but it's still long enough to put into a small ponytail.

Care lays my outfit options on the bed in front of me. I made sure to pick clothes that are cute, but comfortable. They're also a little different in style than my usual wardrobe, but still me.

"I think you should let the girls breathe a little." Caroline points to one of the more revealing options on the bed. "If you got it, flaunt it!" She throws it at me.

I'm self conscious about my breasts, so usually I like to choose the more modest options. It's such a hassle to have double D boobs.

I get dressed and check myself one last time in the mirror. The floral deep neck top with ruffled sleeves is ruched at the stomach and paired with high waist jeans, accent my figure perfectly, it also allows a little of my cleavage to show.

"Are you planning on getting drunk tonight?" Caroline asks, starting my makeup.

"Yeah, why not!" I try only moving my lips, not wanting to mess up Care.

They both squeal.

I've only gotten drunk a handful of times; the memories are still fresh in my mind.

The first time I got drunk was with Cody and his friends. It was the summer after graduation and Cody was home on break. We had a bonfire in our backyard. Someone had brought UV blue. It was passed around and everyone took turns taking pulls. Now, even the thought of UV blue makes me want to gag.

When the bottle got to me, I was apprehensive, we were in my parents' backyard and I was underage. My plan was to put it up to my mouth, pretend to take a pull and pass it on. But, big brother caught on, when that bottle made it to my lips, he tilted it up further so I had to drink otherwise it would spill all over me.

Fast forward 7 pulls later and I'm drunk. Sitting in between Colton and Cody, laughing at nothing. While I was doing that, everyone was laughing at me. I don't remember everything that was said that night, but what I do remember is super embarrassing.