Chapter 14

My eyes flutter open, and I flinch at the sun shining through the window. The massive headache I was expecting, is nonexistent. Grabbing my phone from the night stand, I check the time. 11:00 AM. At least I didn't sleep too much of the day away.

I open a text from Lucas that I got sometime last night but never opened.

Lucas: Oh, yeah? 😏 What would we have done?

I widen my eyes in surprise, and to make sure I'm reading it correctly.

What on earth did I say to get such a suggestive response?!

Scrolling up, I read the messages we sent each other last night; ones I vaguely remember sending.

Lorraine: Can't wait to study at my favorite place, with my new friend.

Lucas: Number added! Btw I can't believe the library is your favorite place. 🤓

Lorraine: There's a lot of things you can do in a library! 📚

Lucas: I'm well aware... 😉

Lorraine: Not what I meant sicko! 😂

Lucas: It's a bummer you couldn't have come with us. It would have been fun spending more time with you.

Lorraine: I know! I wanted to.

Lorraine: I'm sorry. I wish I could've gone home with you.

Lucas: Oh, yeah? 😏 What would we have done?

Crap. I let out a grunt. What did I do? I stare at the text exchange, embarrassed because I didn't mean it in that context. I was having fun with him, I just wanted to keep having fun with him... that's what I meant.

Lorraine: 🤦🏼‍♀️ Oh my gosh, I was so drunk. I just meant I'm sorry I couldn't go with you guys to eat...

Suddenly, I feel movement beside me. Turning over, I see a shirtless Colton. I shriek as I jump out of the bed. Oh my gosh, Lorraine, what did you do?!

He pops up and looks at me confused.

"What are you doing here?!" I ask, startled.

His face falls. "You don't remember..."

How could I forget pure bliss? I look at myself and remember I'm not wearing any pants. "I remember." I say monotone while I put my pants on.

He looks at me questionably. "Do you regret it?"

I look at him reassuringly. "Of course not."

He smiles with relief at my answer.

"I just assumed you would have snuck out in the middle of the night." I shrug. "I don't know how this works, but I'm pretty sure it usually doesn't end up in a sleepover."

He looks bewildered by my answer.

Am I missing something?

"Well... thank you for the cuddles and the..." I say while waving my hand so I don't have to finish my thought.

"The best orgasm of your life?" He smirks.

I clear my throat. "ahem.. yeah.. that... well see ya." I say pointing to the door. I'm hardcore blushing right now and I want him to leave so he doesn't see. Too late.

He starts walking toward me with a knowing smile on his face. "You're just so cute."

I crinkle my nose at his use of the word cute.

He chuckles. "You're only proving my point." He raises his eyebrows, before his expression turns serious as he stands in front of me.

What is happening?