Going to Live With the Devils for Thanksgiving

All Rights Reserved

Copy Right 2014

Chapter 11:

Ethan gazed at me, waiting for my explanation. He was being extremely calm and sensitive about this, which came as a surprise to me. Usually, a male model was indifferent, but Ethan was not. The caring, gentle side of him was one I was absolutely loving.

"My family and I were on a vacation. We were visiting another part of Tennessee, which was our home state at the time. The trip was only a few hours away from our home, but for a poor family, it was a dream come true. We had never been on a vacation before. By we, I mean me and my twin sister, Whitney." I wiped under my nose.

"Whitney and I were like best friends-inseparable. We loved each other so much. Anyways, we went on a vacation. Whitney and I decided to go for a walk by ourselves. We persuaded our parents because our birthday was a week from that very day. We thought we could handle being alone. Obviously, we couldn't. Out of no where-" I was interrupted by my door flying open. Both of our heads snapped to the direction of the intruder, only to find it was Jessica.

"Um," She awkwardly glanced at us. I completely forgot the position Ethan and I were in, and immediately my face flushed. "Sorry to interrupt, but you have visitors."

I cocked my head to the side, curiously looking at her. Visitors? I didn't have any other appointments for the rest of the day! "Who?" I inquired.

Jessica stepped out of the way, revealing two people behind her. My eyes went wide, and then everything went black.

When I awoke, I heard four voices. I kept my eyes closed, listening to them.

"Oh dear! Look what we've done. Goodness, Ronald! Look at her!" A woman's voice spoke.

"Oh, shut up would you? You're hurting her ears!" A mans voice sarcastically bellowed.

"Charlotte? Sweet pineapple on a sunny day she's died!" A ladies voice shrieked.

"Calm down would you?" A deep manly voice spoke. "Charlotte, sweetheart, please wake up." The same voice said, but it was whispered into my ear this time.

Annoyed, I fluttered my eyes open. Sighs of relief sounded throughout the room. My vision blurred, before focusing on the people say in front of me. To my left was Jessica, who was taking a selfie with me. I scowled at her, to which she mumbled something about not going through this everyday and needed to capture the moment. To my right was Ethan, who ran a hand down his face and looked at me, relieved.

The next two people nearly made me pass out again. My father and mother were sat in front of me, worriedly looking at me. "I always knew you wouldn't want to see us, but I never knew it would be this bad!" My mother stated.

"Me? Not wanting to see you?" I was furious. "Last I can recall, you were the one disowning me!" I threw my hands up in frustration.

Stay calm. You can do this.

"We know, baby. And we're very, very sorry. That's actually why we came here." My mother turned to look at my father. He scratched the back of his head before nodding.

My father began to speak, "We wanted to know if you would spend Thanksgiving with us? At home. Our councilor," My mother elbowed him in the ribs, "I mean, we wanted to reconcile our relationship with you."

I acted like I was thinking it over. "No."

They looked shocked, as if they thought I would actually agree. Unbelievable. "Please! We're begging you." My mother cried.