Epilogue

All Rights Reserved

Copy Right 2015

Epilogue:

Ethan's POV

"So that's how it happened?" The reporter, Carmen, asked Charlotte. Charlotte simply nodded. "That is quite the story," Carmen clicked off her recording device, smiling at us both. She picked up her pen, raising it over the lined paper. "What was the last line you said? The very end of the story?"

"I believed nothing else mattered," Charlotte repeated the end of the story. It took us at least two hours, but we finally finished retelling what happened seven years ago. Carmen was doing an article about us for the latest edition of Vogue.

"Thank you so much!" Carmen smiled, extending her hand for Charlotte to shake. The wedding ring on Lottie's finger prompted me to smile widely. How did I get such a great woman?

Lottie gave me a weird look. Was I staring? Oops. "Nice to meet you," Carmen faced me and shook my hand.

"Likewise," I replied with a nod. The quiet sound of feet padding across the floor made all of us look over to the foyer. A small girl with brown curly hair and grey eyes smiled at us.

"May I come out of my room now, mommy?" She tugged on Charlotte's royal blue sundress. Charlotte bent down so that she was eye level with our daughter.

"Of course, Thea." The smile on both of my girl's faces was enough for me. Knowing that they were happy was all I needed.

Thea was six years old, which means I'm thirty. Charlotte makes fun of me because she's still twenty nine, but tomorrow she won't be able to say anything.

"Daddy?" I looked down at the small girl attached to my leg.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Can you make me a sandy witch?" She asked. I softly chuckled at her mispronunciation.

"Yeah. Follow me," I gently grabbed her hand and led her toward the kitchen. "Nice meeting you Carmen!" I called over my shoulder. Charlotte walked her to the door before joining us in the kitchen.

When Charlotte and I got married we moved into a house in New Jersey. Okay, so maybe it's a mansion. It's still cozy, yet big enough for us to have people over and not feel claustrophobic. We both have to wake up earlier, but the location is completely worth it. Also, the schools are better for Thea.

"Wanna get the jelly for me?" I pointed to the fridge. Who knew I would be making sandwiches? She nodded eagerly and ran to the fridge, grabbing strawberry jelly. I grabbed the peanut butter and bread before setting it on the counter. Thea ran over, holding up the jelly. "Thank you," I picked her up and placed her on the large island.

"Okay Daddy, I got this!" Thea scrunched her face in determination as she screwed off the top of both the jelly and the peanut butter. Handing me a knife, she pointed at the jelly first. I scraped it out and onto the bread as she told me to. Man, these girls. Usually I was the one ordering people around.

Thea then pointed at the peanut butter. I followed our procedure until her sand which was made. When I thought she wasn't looking, I licked the peanut butter knife. However, Thea did see.

"Ethan Douglas Price!" Thea scolded me, her hands on her hips with a disapproving scowl on her face. I couldn't help but burst out laughing at her.

"You sound just like your mom," I told her once I sobered up. She cracked a grin.

"Mommy's cool," she shrugged. Okay, Charlotte had to be teaching her this. I shook my head, laughing at her. Out of my peripheral vision I saw Lottie leaning against the fridge, observing us with a small smile on her face.

"Whatcha doin'?" I smirked at her. She pushed off of the fridge and walked over. Her mouth came close to my own, so naturally I thought she was going to kiss me. Instead, she smeared peanut butter on my nose. This means war.

I held out my hand behind me, waiting for Thea to put food in it. A sticky substance was placed in my hand and without thinking I threw it on Lottie's face. Strawberry jelly slid down her eyelids onto her cheeks.

"Oh, it's on!" She laughed, grabbing the jar of peanut butter. Before she could throw anything, loud music blared out of our speakers. We both turned to look at Thea, who had pressed the speakers on button with her sticky fingers. That sound system cost so much! The smile on her face dissolved my anger.

"They be like smooth (what?)
Can you teach me how to dougie?
Ya know why?
Cause all the girls love me (aye)
All I need is a beat that's super bumpin
And for you, you, and you to back it up and dump it!
Put your arms out front, lean side to side
They gon' be on you when they see you hit that dougie right?"

The song sang. Lottie and I turned to look at each other, massive smiles on our faces. Lottie began to rap along with the song as I started to dance. Thea watched us with confused eyes before she shrugged it off and joined in dancing with me. We danced the rest of the afternoon together.

When it came time for Lottie's birthday dinner, our babysitter came over. I didn't know her until we had Thea. Lottie said she was a friend of hers. I think they met at a skating rink or something. Thea left with her for the night.

"Goodnight mommy! Goodnight daddy!" She waved from the car.

"Goodnight sweetheart!" We both replied.

Later that night, I was getting ready for my date with Charlotte. People think that once you marry someone you aren't nervous for a date, but it totally wasn't true. Every time I went out with Charlotte I was nervous. She was too beautiful for me.

I walked down the stairs and grabbed my keys. The sound of someone coming down the stairs caught my attention. Charlotte walked over to me, looking absolutely stunning as usual. She had on a white sundress with pink heels. Her hair was curled and her makeup brought out her gorgeous eyes.

"All the fish in the sea, and I was lucky enough to get you," I joked with her, but truly meant it.

"Thanks, you big cheese ball," She laughed, hugging me. I gently hugged her back, enjoying the moment. We rarely ever were alone; Thea stayed with us all the time. Even though Charlotte got offered many jobs, she won't except them unless she can work from home. She wants to stay with Thea, which I fully support.

"Are you ready?" I asked her.

"Are you?" She replied, snatching the keys from my hand and running outside. She was still ten, I swear. "Shot gun!" She yelled on the way to the car.

"You're the only one riding! Of course you get shot gun!" I chased after her. She threw her head back and laughed.

I savored these moments. Moments when we could be ourselves without worry or shame. Moments when we still acted like teenagers, even though we were both thirty. Well, a day away from thirty for one of us. She would joke with me all night about still being twenty, I already knew that. And you know what? I was okay with being old if it meant that she would be old with me.

Hello, Loves!! So I just decided to post the epilogue now even though I just posted a chapter. Sorry if it's short, it is an epilogue, not a chapter after all. Thanks for reading!

Did anyone catch that the whole book was a story? The story she told Carmen? No? Okay.

Please take time to go check out my other books! They aren't finished and they aren't edited, but it'd mean a lot if you looked at them(:

Love you!
caroline grace