My Egotistical Client

All Rights Reserved

Copy Write 2014

Chapter 2:

"Another Round!" One of my friends, Saralynn, yelled. We were celebrating my recent employment. That's right, I currently was an intern at Vogue Magazine!

The day after my horrific interview, I got a call from Vogue saying I got the job. Turns out, the interviewer said I had "probable potential" and that she would give me a try. I start work on this upcoming Monday, so my friends and I are celebrating tonight.

A round of shots was set down in front of us, and they all gripped the small glass at the same time. I didn't drink, but I wasn't going to stop them.

"One!"

"Two!"

"Three!"

They cheered as the liquid burned down their throats. Shaking my head at their scrunched faces, I got up from the table.

"Let's go dance!" I smiled at my friends who gladly trailed behind me.

The dance floor was hot, and everyone seemed to be working up a sweat. If I wasn't with my friends I would never be up here, but since I'm not alone right now, I didn't care. My friends and I danced along to the music, the beat pumping through our veins. The bass was so loud it shook the building, and I had trouble keeping my balance in these six inch heels. I smiled contently, happy that I finally had what I needed. A job, a couple friends, and the view my heels gave me.

The rest of the night was spent laughing, drinking, and just having a good time. Though, one thing did keep coursing through my mind quite often: even though I didn't drink, I was going to have a killer headache tomorrow.

Monday morning came at lightning speed, and I'm hustling around to get my self together. After completing my morning routine, I grabbed my shoes and head for the door. Stopping in front of my long mirror, I smiled at my attire. I decided on a knee length, peplum dress in a light blue shade. It had lace embroidering on the shoulders and neckline. I paired it with a gold statement necklace and some nude peep toes. My hair was lightly curled and fell below my bust; my face framers were pinned back into an elegantly braided updo. The look was finished with a light coat of makeup and a rose colored blush. Grabbing my box of office supplies, I headed out.

The trip to Vogue Headquarters wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I talked to Jeremy on the elevator and he wished me good luck for my first day. Even though I do not believe in the concept of luck, it was sweet of Jeremy to remember my big day today. The traffic was a little more congested than it usually is, but I managed to make it on time.

I gaze up at the gigantic skyscraper in front of me. It's was so tall that the top wasn't visible from my ant sized perspective. The clouds swept around it, almost as if they were gently kissing the side of the building. Either it was a freakishly tall building, or I was shorter than I thought.

After entering the building, Jessica, the receptionist from my previous visit, gave me directions to my office space.

"Seventeenth Floor, room number six," she brightly smiled at me. I returned her gesture and headed towards the elevator. It was crammed with people, designer perfumes and colognes filling the small area. I almost choked on the strong smell. Eventually it reached the seventeenth floor, and I looked for my room number.

Room twenty five...

Room thirteen...

Room seven....

Ah, room 6! I pushed open the glass door, my mouth agape. The room was absolutely perfect. The floor was a sparkling grey, with a white bookshelf to the left filled with untouched books in pristine condition. To the right there was a large, light blue L shaped desk pressed against the wall. Above the desk were a few hooks to hang photos and anything else. The best part of the whole room was right in front of me, though. A long, clear window stretched across the length of the room, exposing a breathtaking view of the bustling city outside. A small sketching station was set up next to it, so that I could design my clothes next to a spectacular view.

Best. Job. Ever.

My supplies were starting to get heavier, so I carefully set them down on the desk. Noticing a piece of paper, I picked it up and skimmed through the words:

"Good morning, Mrs. Gray. We hope you have had a pleasant experience with us so far. Although this is your first day, we do have an assignment for you already. Once you have settled in, please report to the fifteenth floor, room twenty three. Thank you, and have an amazing day."

I hastily unpacked my belongings and made my office unique, before walking down to the elevator. The doors dinged open and I stepped inside. Pressing the fifteenth floor button, I stood by the wall and patiently waited.

The doors opened at sixteen and I jumped inside as a man walked on behind me. I didn't pay any attention to him, for I was too focused on my sketch book. After flipping through a couple of my designs, the man spoke up.

"Those are really good," a deep, velvety voice that held authority stated. I looked up at the man and chills ran down my spine. Snapping my book shut, I blushed and looked down.

It was him. It was the same guy that was in a fight with Mrs. Anna Wintour the last time I was in the building. Mr. Prince? He sure did look like one. Mr. Piece? Something like that.

"Thank you," I said in a quiet voice.

"No need to thank me. I'm just stating the obvious." He gave me a nod and we both walked off the elevator on the fifteenth floor. Awkwardly, we both reached for the same door handle. Room twenty three.

"Um, go ahead," I barely said, gesturing towards the door.

"Thank you," he smirked at my embarrassment. We both walked through the door, (he sauntered more than walked, but same thing, right?) and I took a look around. This office wasn't any different than the rest of them, but there was definitely a different feel to it. Glancing in front on me, I saw the source of the dominating vibe I was getting.

Leaning on the desk was a woman. Her black locks had been pulled back into a tight french twist, and her makeup had a sharp, cutting edge look to it. Her clothes fit her like a glove, and she was probably the thinnest person I have ever seen. Her face was fixed into a stern gaze as she motioned for both of us to sit down.

"Hello, Mr. Price. Glad you showed up." Her voice was short and held authority. Mr. Price! So that's what his name was.

"I had no where else to grace with my company," he smirked at her. I rolled my eyes. She threw him a pointed look before moving her gaze to rest on me.

"Ms. Gray," she addressed me. I smiled at her and nodded my head once.

"Well, now that you're both here, we can get started." She sat down and clasped her hands together on the desk. "Mr. Price I've been informed that your last stylist has quit," she stated, muttering something like "no wonder" afterwards. He gave her a curt nod. "Well, you are in luck, because Ms. Charlotte Gray here is now your stylist. Treat her fairly, this is her first day after all."

My head was spinning. Him? I get to style him? I was excited, but also nervous. Why had his last stylist quit? Why did they chose me?

"Will do, Mrs. Chenoke," he said before we both rose.

"Good. I'm done with you both so you may leave." She dismissed us and we exited her room.

"Your going to have the time of your life, Ms. Gray. I'm one perfect client." He tossed me a confident smirk and walked down the hall.

A lot of things were running through my head, just like they were the night of the club, but one thing I could tell for sure. I definitely do have a killer headache, and I definitely do have one egotistical client.

Hey! I really suck at the beginning of books so bear with me lol. Constructive criticism please!

Roe Grace<3