Brown is a dark tertiary color with a yellowish or reddish hue

John's face when he drinks coffee that isn't his own ^^

All Rights Reserved

Copy Right 2014

Chapter 5:

I had the day off today. Mr. Price (I still feel the need to call him by his last name because calling him by his first seems too unprofessional) didn't need me for anything, hence why I'm off.

My morning was supposed to be relaxed but, knowing me, it was bound to be anything but. Things first started to go wrong when I woke up. I decided to take a shower, like most people do, and on my way to the bathroom I stepped on a needle. After I hopped around on one foot yelling "Owowowowow", I proceeded to pull the pointy item (that was dug an inch or so into my foot, might I add) out. Thankfully, it didn't bleed too badly.

When I tried to turn my shower on, nothing came out. Being the curious cat I am, I started inspecting my shower to find the problem. I flicked the faucet with my middle finger. Nothing. I was scrunching my eyebrows together while looking into the shower head, when my water decided to turn on. Drenched from head to toe, I flung backwards until I slammed into the shower wall. Then the water turned off. I swear the shower head laughed at me, that is if inanimate objects could laugh.

In no mood for a shower, I was well awake by now, I grabbed a towel from the silver rack and proceeded to dry myself off. I was still fully clothed in my fuzzy giraffe pj's, mind you. I wrapped the towel around my body as I placed my soaked pajamas over the shower wall for them to dry. Grumbling, I left the cursed bathroom.

After getting dressed, I looked at myself in the mirror. I wore a loose cream tank with a chestnut leather jacket and dark wash jeans. For my shoes, I slipped on a cream pair of short boot heels. To finish the look I loosely curled my hair, after it dried of course, and pinned my layers away from my face. My face held only a small bit of makeup. Once satisfied with my appearance, I walked downstairs.

Of course my morning couldn't just have consisted of an injury and being soaked in water. No, that wouldn't be abnormal for me. What happened next, well, it was just the cherry to top off my ridiculous morning.

I desired coffee, as I do every morning, so I made my way over to my trusty coffee pot. After grinding the beans and pouring in the water, I pressed start.

While I was waiting on my coffee, I decided to pick up my chaotic living space. Without warning, an ear-piercing fulmination echoed across my apartment. I let out a startled shriek before I bounded into my kitchen. My mouth was gaping at what I examined before me.

Brown. The dictionary describes it this way:

Brown:
-noun
1. a dark tertiary color with a yellowish or reddish hue

The sight before my eyes may be as the dictionary describes it, but the words I would use are far from "tertiary" and "yellowish". When I think of brown, I think of mud. And poop. And trees. So imagine my surprise, when my definition fits the sight before me better than the dictionary's.

Coffee is splattered everywhere. I'm not being a dramatic teenage girl about this, no, I mean everywhere. It's in my sink, on my floor, in the cupboards, and even inside my dishwasher (which is completely insane because it was closed when the explosion took place). Worst of all, my trusty coffee pot was laying on the counter, shredded into five metal shards.

Still shocked, and badly needing a coffee, I shake my head, grab my purse, and walk out the door. I then remember I need to lock my door, which I turn around to do, and then advance down the hallway.

Luckily, I happened to walk past Jeremy, who was finishing cleaning the tile.

"Jeremy! How've you been?" I smiled at this man who had become my friend.