All Of the Above

All Rights Reserved

Copy Right 2015

Chapter 25:

Who knew that a little trip to the salon would turn into a full blown makeover? I did. Well, now I knew. Three hours ago, however, was a completely different story.

3 Hours Earlier

"Ready?" Jessica questioned me as we walked together into the salon. The pearl white walls inside the salon were soothing on my eyes. There were at least ten pedicure stations with matching manicure stations across from them. A small waterfall flowed into a contained stream that weaved around the entire salon, creating calming noises wherever it went. Plants littered the room, creating a fresh aura.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I spoke the cliché line. Jessica had informed me to wear comfortable clothes, so here I was, wearing leggings and an oversized sweater. She was dressed in business clothes, standing out in the calm atmosphere.

"Hi," a young teenage girl walked over to us. "May I help you?"

"Yes, please. Charlotte, for ten o'clock," Jessica checked in.

"Wait," I looked at her, "you're not going?"

"Oh, Hun," she smiled wickedly, "I am going. However, all attention is on you today." Leaving me thoroughly confused, Jessica followed the teen. I guess I should follow her.

I was instructed to take off my shoes, so they now lay in a heap by the door. The young girl gave me a robe and told me to change, so off went my leggings and sweater and on went a fluffy white robe.

"Right this way," the teen pointed to a room.

Current Time

That was the beginning to a very relaxed yet worrisome morning. Jessica made sure that I did not see what I looked like, so I currently wear a blindfold. First, they soaked my feet and hands. They painted them both midnight blue and set them to dry. Then, my hair was washed. I had to trust that they wouldn't chop it all off, but other than that I had no clue what they did. My legs were waxed as were my eyebrows. Lastly, they fixed my hair and applied makeup to my bare face.

"Ready to see the new you?" Jessica squealed. I lightly laughed, amused at her teenage mind.

"Okay." To be honest, I was worried that I wouldn't like it. However, I had to trust Jessica. She knew what she was doing, she worked at Vogue for a reason, even if it was only to be a receptionist. My blindfold was carefully untied, falling to the floor.

My mouth fell open at my reflection. Was it even me? My hair was cut, it seemed only the dead ends, but for what they didn't cut length wise they layered throughout my hair. It had volume and shine. My hair color already included natural highlights, so they just played them up, brightening them.

My face looked flawless. Sarah, the teenager, had exfoliated it, making it extremely smooth. My lips were a raspberry color, bringing out the swirling brown in my eyes. A dark brown and gold covered my eyelids, along with black eyeliner and mascara. The makeup was natural looking, yet it still brought out my features.

The waxing job they had done on my legs was impeccable. Considering it's winter, my body looked bronze and cleanly shaven. I was amazed at the outcome. "Oh my gosh!" I yelled, touching my face to see if it really was me.

"You look so hot," Jessica laughed. "Just wait until Ethan sees you."

I smirked. "Hopefully he regrets firing me."

When we finally made out way to Vogue, Jessica made me buy a new outfit, it was around three in the afternoon. Yes, it took six hours for my makeover.