And Then I Snapped

All Rights Reserved

Copy Right 2015

Chapter 30:

The show starts in ten minutes and everyone is in a frenzy trying to collect last minute items. Models with high cheek bones and slicked back hair littered the backstage, awaiting their cue to walk the runway. Loud and stressed voices poured into my ear over my Bluetooth.

"Charlotte! Get down to changing room one thirty four immediately!" Jessica's panicked voice shrieked over Bluetooth. I slightly winced from the shrill, repositioning my earpiece as if her yell had moved it.

The hallway was overly stuffy, a gigantic contrast to the nipping cold outside. When I first arrived at the venue four hours ago I came dressed in a huge coat. Only ten minutes into work and I had shed it, placing it neatly in my designated room. Now, I wanted nothing more than to do the same with my dress. Don't get me wrong, the dress was absolutely stunning. The bright red fabric clung tightly to my body, showing off what curves I had. The dress flared and pleated at my knees, creating the mermaid style dress. I usually wasn't a fan of mermaid dresses, but when I designed this one I instantly knew I had to wear it. No, my wanting to shed the dress definitely wasn't because the dress was unsuitable. It was the scorching heat from the lights and the abundance of people's body heat that had my own body begging for some fresh air.

"Charlotte, now!" Jessica encouraged me through my earpiece. She sounded frazzled and out of breath. What could it possibly be this time?

"I'm coming," I hastily spoke into the small mic that was attached to the Bluetooth set. It was extremely difficult to walk in heels and this particular dress, but I finally reached the last door on the left; room one thirty four. "What's the matter?" I asked before I had thoroughly looked around. After I had surveyed the room, it was quite obvious what the situation was.

"Arabella, put it down," I calmly spoke while holding my hands up in surrender. Her eyes contained passion and fire; revenge.

"You took him from me," She seethed. Her hair was messily combed into an up-do while her makeup was smudged across her infuriated face.

"You seem to be mistaken. Ethan and I are not together," I slowly approached her. She held the item up higher, threatening me with it.

"Right, and pigs fly," Arabella scoffed.

"You've been on a plane, haven't you?" Jessica mumbled under her breath. I would have laughed any other time than now had I heard that, but Arabella was about to ruin my night if I angered her any further. Luckily I was the only one who heard Jessica's remark.

"He was going to propose to me! And then you came along," She looked me up and down, disgust and disdain evident in her eyes.

"I can not fix what happened, Arabella. I can only say that this was not my intentions or my purposeful doing. Now please, put the dress down." I stared at the gorgeous beauty that was my last dress. Arabella was supposed to use it for whatever Ethan had wanted her to have it for, but that obviously never came around.

"Whatever." Okay, Arabella. Really mature.

"Could you please set the dress down?" I motioned to the table it previously occupied. Arabella smirked.

"Listen to this," She began to rip the fabric. I tried to pull it out of her grasp but she snatched it up higher. "This doesn't even compare to the sound my heart made when he told me that he wasn't proposing; that I wasn't his fiancé." I closed my eyes tightly.

Breath in.

Breath out.

Breath in.

Breath out.