Chapter 30 - The Sleepover from Hell

~ Cassandra Castello Rivera Grace Geralde POV ~

Was it possible to not want to not know something so bad that you suddenly needed to know it to be able to go on? Like a Christmas present under a tree which you know must be kept unopened until Christmas but sits there waiting to be opened and your fingers are itching to pull apart the wrapping paper.

Because this was one of those moments, when you don't want to know but have to.

Nyah stopped stuffing her face with the brownies my mum made a couple of hours ago and looked at me.

"I'm pregnant Cassie"

The glass I was previously holding in my grasp carelessly slipped from my hold and shattered into thousands of crystal pieces when it came in contact with kitchen tiles.

Pregnant. Nyah was pregnant. With child, bun in the oven, something growing inside her pregnant?

I know I had told her to go schedule an appointment and I always knew it was a possibility but I didn't know what it'd be like to actually know definitely

"What is this"? my mom said interrupting my stare down with Nyah "Cassie that was one of the good glasses"

Snapping out of my stare down, I looked to the ground to see shards of glass and water pooling at my feet. I mentally congratulated myself for deciding to wear slippers today and cautiously removed the shoes stepping away from the mess. Then I circled around my mother, wrapped my fingers around Nyah's elbow and yanked her off of the stool her butt was placed in, pulling her towards the stairs.

She didn't follow very willingly until she was able to reach for a small plate topping it up with Oreo brownies, once she was able to successfully stuff one in her mouth she let go of the kitchen top and followed my lead.

"Cassie what about the mess?" My ma yelled when I had gotten half way up the stairs

"Later" I snapped continuing venturing to my room. Usually I would've been smacked upside the head for answering in such a brusque manner, be that as it may, I was still to some extent angry with her and she knew it. She understood that everything I had found out in the past week would leave me on edge and so had been tip-toeing around me for a while. I had already forgiven her as she and my family had only been trying to protect me, from myself, but it was going to take a while for things to go back to normal.

I reached my room and closed the door behind me as Nyah had made herself on to my bed still stuffing her face with sweet treats.

"Geez will you slow down, you're eating like a pregnant women" the words tumbled out before I was even able filter my vocabulary . And what a bad choice of words they were...

Nyah stopped packing her mouth all at once and looked to me gulping down what ever was left in her mouth "That wasn't funny"

I exhaled "It wasn't supposed to be" I stated taking a seat next to her

We sat for a while in silence

"I'm just over seven weeks so I can still...get it removed" her wording made feel queasy as my eyes wondered towards her stomach. She wasn't showing at all which verified that she was in her first trimester nevertheless that didn't change a thing. There, under hundreds of layers of skin and flesh was a small baby.

A small, innocent version of the girl sitting next to me.

"Nyah are you sure, I mean you could just get it adopte-"

"No Cassie I've already told you, the sooner I get this thing out of me the better" Nyah interrupted hurriedly. "Carlos is a good guy and I'm not ruining his life and reputation before it's even started. Imagine the scandal around the whole of San Francisco. His family are very important people and journalists would just delighted to get their grubby hands on this kind of scoop I can already see it now Son of Tycoon Couple, Carlos Sweet Can't Keep it in His Pants, it would be such a disaster for him and his family"