Chapter 32 - Not So Secret Secrets

Quick reminder of what has happened, Cassie is aware of Valentino's past relationship with Kayla, finding out after having a fist fight with her at her house. Valentino FINALLY confesses his feelings to Cassie during an argument at Valentino's house where Cassie also realises that Valentino is a recurring character in her dreams. Valentino wears glasses (just thought that needed to be remembered) and also asks Cassie to be his girlfriend as she rushes to the hospital due to a problem with Nyah.

Cassie's reply to Valentino's question is...

#####################################################################################

I burst through the doors of the A&E wing of the hospital, shining with perspiration from running through the fourth floor since I arrived almost fifteen minutes ago. I refused to go to the front desk to ask of Nyah's whereabouts, I didn't have time for the staff there to say aggravating things like some 'only family allowed'  rubbish.

As the minutes continued to pass I became increasingly anxious to see my best friend's current state. I was becoming more and more annoyed with myself. Secrets are something that when agreed to keep on the down low should always be hidden, especially between almost sisters but deep down I knew it was wrong to keep something this big, what if something bad has happened which could have been easily avoided with regular check ups and support from family, friends....Carlos. What if something bad had happened to the baby before Carlos even knew about the fetus growing inside of her?

"What the hell are you on about?!" Carlos yelled which I winced at. I didn't need visual evidence to know it was his voice at the end of the hallway.

I hurried along, dodging the hustle and bustle a hospital usually must stand and avoided the unnerving feeling you get when I saw the look of pure devastation on a person's face during a conversation with a man with a white lab coat and a name tag, most definitely a doctor.

Please lord don't allow me to have to feel that today. Let Nyah be okay! She goes to church, prays all the time and even keeps at crucifix necklace around her neck as her fashion stable. That's gotta count for something right?

I opened another door which immediately flung back towards me and hit me on the head.

What the heck?

After rubbing my head a little and overcoming my slight dizziness the door to a much smaller hallway opened and I quickly swerved away so I wasn't hit again.

"Cassie thank goodness you're here get a load of what this guy is saying!" Carlos snorted pulling me in. I stumbled into a much more calm corridor which seemed to be a lot more upgraded than the rest of the hospital and quickly figured that this must have been a private wing. No surprise that Carlos must have gotten the best room from his beloved.

"Where is she? Is she okay?" I asked urgently looking around for Nyah

"Well I'm quite worried about her well-being if we have people like him checking up on her!" he said signalling to doctor adjacent to us.

"I assure you that I have checked your friend very thoroughly and am not incorrect, maybe this is something you two may have to discuss, Mr Sweet" the doctor said loosening her tie under the scrutinizing eye of Carlos. Yeah I would be scared too.

"Nyah Sanders, I brought in a Nyah Sanders and all I needed you to be was give me a fricking accurate diagnosis for what's wrong with my girlfriend!" Carlos becoming more infuriated by the second. Oh no, an angry Carlos.

"Carlos" I calmly spoke resting a hand on his shoulder "Please. Calm. Down"

Carlos shrugged me off shooting me a dirty look "Calm down?! Ah ha maybe when I get a real doctor with a real diploma from medical school to tell me why I c-ame to find my girlfriend sh-aking in the soaked bloody sheets on her bed an hour ago!" he shouted sounding half angry but I sensed something else as his voice cracked. Pain.